• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SRX Tunnel Issues

Waterdog

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder SRX
Anyone having issues with the rear suspension mount rivets coming out constantly? I have re-revited it several times and they just keep pulling out; even tried washers on the backside of the rivet. I know of another SRX and Sidewinder LTX that have had the same issues. I don't have anything heavy on the back of the tunnel, just a Yamaha bag with a few spare belts. Last night after just putting new rivets in 2 weeks ago, I decided I was going to use 1/4-20 bolt and acorn nuts to hold it together. Does anyone see any issues with that?

Any kind of bolt and nut setup i would use some blue or red locktite.

Anyone having issues with the rear suspension mount rivets coming out constantly? I have re-revited it several times and they just keep pulling out; even tried washers on the backside of the rivet. I know of another SRX and Sidewinder LTX that have had the same issues. I don't have anything heavy on the back of the tunnel, just a Yamaha bag with a few spare belts. Last night after just putting new rivets in 2 weeks ago, I decided I was going to use 1/4-20 bolt and acorn nuts to hold it together. Does anyone see any issues with that?
Are you talking about the drop-loop mount? Could you post a picture of where you're talking. I have the same sled and would like to check it out. Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

Not near sled right now. It's where the bracket (circled in red) attaches to the tunnel. The rear suspension pivot arm attaches to it.

Are you talking about the drop-loop mount? Could you post a picture of where you're talking. I have the same sled and would like to check it out. Thanks.
Are you using washers with the rivets?

If the rivets keep pulling out, are the holes still the same size? Have you tried stavex rivets?

Yamaha had bigger rivets for the old trailing arm mounts they may on the foot rest , they may work good

Back