• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Continue to lead Yamaha!

I agree with you guys. If Doo pulls this off, great for them, and the rest of us as the other manufacturers will try to do the same. I just can't see cutting that much weight though on a high hp sled and it still hold up to miles and miles of trails. Like some one said, you can't keep taking weight off w/out sacrificing integrity. Personally, I like the heavier sleds for the better ride and stability. Not all of us are snoX wannabe's.

RX1MPete said:
I remember when Ski-doo was lightening up their sleds prior to 03...a guy I know had strapped a 2 gallon gas can on the back of his Summit. .

Every manufacture has it flaws and advantages let's not trun this into a bashing post.It's no different then backing over your snow falp in reverse on yamaha 4 strokes and buckling your tunnel.Many peopole have done this.

I had my share of problems with making things lighter...I bought my RX1-'05 ER in fall of '04 with the 1st MONO version and look what hapened...

Front and rear arms on rear suspension, rails to weak, I think to that their's a limit to weight reduction, their's a very fine line and also depending on your driving style.

I like what YAMIE did this year is to rate every different sled for bump absorbtion, thumbs up!

I snow checked a APEX '08 'cause I think it will be a end of production sled with most of the bugs worked out...I'm not a big fan of 1st or 2nd year models,look at the PHAZER they have all kinds of problems, I know YAM will come good but its down time in a very very short season...just my .02

Back