• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Control Rod Purpose?

subysti04

Extreme
OK, stupid question but never really touched it before. I sent in my shock for rebuild, revalve and new spring. I have the suspension out and noticed the control rod seems to slide freely and have no resistance. Is this correct? what exactly is the purpose of the control rod? Just want to make sure its working right and doing what its supposed to. I did a search but couldn't find the basic answer to this.

BTW it's an 07 Apex GT.

It controls weight transfer front to rear under acceleration.

It controls how much the rear arm compresses on it's own under acceleration before it's coupled with the front & no more weight transfer takes place.

The longer the rod is extended, to more "free play" so to speak is in the rear arm to transfer weight before coupling takes place, & the shorter the rod, obviously the less takes place.

I personally have almost zero transfer set into our Apex & Vector. Just enough to get the front end light under hard acceleration, but not enough to pick the skis up. Wheelies are cool, but kinda tough to steer when off the ground.

Also, less transfer keeps the front end planted & makes for a great handling trail sled.

And yes, it would/should slide freely.

Back