• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Instructions for Snowtracker aggressive - Apex Attak

earthling

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 SRX
2006 ATTAK
I just purchased snowtracker aggressive model for my 06' Apex Attak. they came in a bag that was in rough shape (carbides, threads, and blades look fine) without any instructions. I can figure out where to drill the hole but I was wondering about sled setup. My current plan was to set the front arms to level by backing off of the spring collars on the front shocks. Its the rear setup thats no clear from what little documentation they have online. Does anyone have a copy of the printed instructions they can share (pdf, scan, or camera image).

Also, while I was trying to understan0d the warning instructions that are posted on the snowtracker site and as I was looking around the attak I noticed that I am missing this part.

1642380647278.png

Which I believe is 8ED-47422-00-00 Can anyone verify this.

Given its location at the front of the slide rail, is the suggestion to not run until this is replaced or give-er and hope for the best..

Make sure your limiter strap is at factory setting ( 2nd last hole). Make sure you have the Sag adjusted to your weight. Set the Toe In of the skis to Zero. Lift the front of the sled so the skis are off the floor and then set the springs in the shocks to Zero preload.

I would not run the sled until you have replaced that plastic cap.

Make sure your limiter strap is at factory setting ( 2nd last hole). Make sure you have the Sag adjusted to your weight. Set the Toe In of the skis to Zero. Lift the front of the sled so the skis are off the floor and then set the springs in the shocks to Zero preload.

I would not run the sled until you have replaced that plastic cap.

Thanks! Sorry, engineer - overthinking this.. When you say 2nd to the last do you mean down one (2 nd to the last from the top) or down two (second from the last from the bottom). This is how the sled was setup when I bought it. And my sled needs a bath.

strap.jpg

Last edited:
One hole tighter than the longest possible setting. Definitely replace that missing rail cap before you ride it.

A missing rail cap can cause the nose of the rail to strip the clips off your track.

A missing rail cap can cause the nose of the rail to strip the clips off your track.

I know but SNOWWWWW! Staring out the window at a fresh foot. Anyhow I found someone with the part in stock, and I will go pick up a new one and a spare today. thanks for reply.

Wait until you get some time on them riding hard/set up trails, you’re gonna smile!

What about the transfer/control rod. Should it be set for less/more than stock?

Back