• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Corey Davidson's Apex RTX

RX ROB

Veteran
Found this on the Yamaha Hot Topics.

Corey Davidson found out about the 2 foot snow storm that hit North Dakota the other day. Loaded up at 5:00am and drove to ND. He called into Yamaha on his cell after riding 100 miles on his Apex RTX and had this to say:

"The first thing I noticed was the ergonomics of the sled, Yamaha must have built this for me because it fit like a glove. The motor is so sweet, I couldn't believe it. It was so responsive and great controllable power. Took a little to get used to the engine braking but you use it like a 4-stroke dirt bike. Out of the create suspension was very plush and worked well. We have to change things to get it dialed in for racing speeds, shouldn’t be a problem. It was strange not adding in 2 stroke oil or smelling like one. Can't imaging smelling like a smoke bomb anymore. I think this is the funnest thing I have ever ridden." Corey Davidson.

:4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:
[/quote]

Good to see Yamaha competing in Cross Country

I have not really followed Cross Country in the past but now that Yamaha is racing I will definately be interested to see the results. I can't believe there is that much snow in ND already. Sounds like he likes the RTX.

Does anyone know when the first race is and where? How about the racer Corey Davidson is he one of the top guys in cross country? Looks like he is dedicated if he is already testing. Is he the same guy that won the Soo 500 last year?

Good luck # 3

:pics:

Attachments

• t_corey_s_pictures_063_158.jpg
    t_corey_s_pictures_063_158.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 156
  • t_corey_s_pictures_068_785.jpg
    t_corey_s_pictures_068_785.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 170
  • t_corey_s_pictures_057_806.jpg
    t_corey_s_pictures_057_806.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 189
As far as I know the first Cross Country race will be in Minto, North Dakota On Jan.7. The yamaha crew will be there.

I have seen Corey cross the finish-line at the Soo, all 3 times on Polaris'. No wonder Polaris is crying "Boo Hoo!" :( LOL

:yam: :4STroke:

I would still like to see a Yamaha finish at the Iron Dog. Then I will be happy. That is one tough race that I really think Yamaha could do well at. Personally, I would love to run that course myself. I am not saying that I could race it but I would like to run it as a novice.

www.irondog.org

I was just out to Corey's riding dirtbike last night. Showed me some of the pictures he took out there. Said he really liked the sled and with some suspension work to suit his style, he should be hard to beat this year. If I were a betting man I'd bet a Uscc championship, and another Soo title.

Thanks for the info sounds like it will be a fun year to follow Cross Country. So Rocket what was Corey's impression of the RTX? Was he fired up? He is one of the first to ride a new Apex.

I would say corey is fired up. Before he got to ride the sled, he was asking a lot of questions, and I think he was maybe a little worried like all people usually are when making a big switch. But he's a guy who can ride a brick with a chainsaw motor in it and win, so I don't know what he was worried about. He did mention that he figured the motor was the sweetest motor he has ridden with. Said the sled was a good fit to him, I think he's about 6' and maybe 175lbs. Said he noticed the weight at first, but it's really nothing and the rest of the sled makes up for it. All in all I think he's pretty happy so far and excited.

Rocket, do you know what he's running as far as the suspension parts?

Has he reinforced the front pivot arm (w-arm)?

Simich said:
I would still like to see a Yamaha finish at the Iron Dog. Then I will be happy. That is one tough race that I really think Yamaha could do well at. Personally, I would love to run that course myself. I am not saying that I could race it but I would like to run it as a novice.

www.irondog.org

I would to. I was actually going to run that 2018 mile race, but all 4 cyl. 4 strokes have been banned from that race. I got the email from them about 2 weeks ago. Only 3 cyl. are allowed to race. So there will be no Apex or RX-1's running that race. I probably won't run it now. I wanted to run my new apex this season until they banned it. ohwell, what do you do.

1CS

Back