• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

couple PCV questions. Apex

NosGTSR

Im setting up my PCV and the engine temp isnt reading correctly. Does anyone know the specs(volts) on the temp sensor? Is there a way to calibrate the auto tune wideband sensor? I have a innovate wideband and it reads .5 ish off from the PCV.

I was able to get assistance from the actuall help line published in the installation instructions; the guy in Vegas remote accesed my laptop and went through my PCV set up. This was pretty cool as I was getting wifi off my cell phone while in my enclosed trailer. ....

I was able to get assistance from the actuall help line published in the installation instructions; the guy in Vegas remote accesed my laptop and went through my PCV set up. This was pretty cool as I was getting wifi off my cell phone while in my enclosed trailer. ....

Very cool... what did you fond out?

Very cool... what did you fond out?
My software needed updating (which I had tried to already do) apparently it can take a couple try's before it takes. I think the LCD 200 specificly was the device that didn't want to update.
They change my map to reference pressure only as there was a throttle position map in conjugation with the pressure map, he deleted the throttle position table. They changed my pressure table to read from 12.7 psi (absolute) to 24 ish.... 14psi is zero at my elevation. They also pointed out during the initial key on (only during the second or so that fuel pump is on) the LCD or laptop will display the current atmosphereic pressure (crazy how much it changes from day to day). I cant remember if they did anything to the temperature Input or not, to be honest I was surprised mine displays temp as I read you needed to do something extra to get the temp to display. I compared the display to the temp on my infrared heat gun and it is correct. I did choose to leave my settings to time based (60 sec or so) to enable auto tune rather than the engine temperature selection.
They suggested to always leave auto tune on but I don't think I'll necessarily do that.

My software needed updating (which I had tried to already do) apparently it can take a couple try's before it takes. I think the LCD 200 specificly was the device that didn't want to update.
They change my map to reference pressure only as there was a throttle position map in conjugation with the pressure map, he deleted the throttle position table. They changed my pressure table to read from 12.7 psi (absolute) to 24 ish.... 14psi is zero at my elevation. They also pointed out during the initial key on (only during the second or so that fuel pump is on) the LCD or laptop will display the current atmosphereic pressure (crazy how much it changes from day to day). I cant remember if they did anything to the temperature Input or not, to be honest I was surprised mine displays temp as I read you needed to do something extra to get the temp to display. I compared the display to the temp on my infrared heat gun and it is correct. I did choose to leave my settings to time based (60 sec or so) to enable auto tune rather than the engine temperature selection.
They suggested to always leave auto tune on but I don't think I'll necessarily do that.

Sounds more like the way mine is set up. But once you have the Map built you really dont need the autotune running it can still cause little blurps.

So....my engine temp that I thought worked was not working as well as I had first thought. I have since tried to connect the analog aux input on the pcv to my water temp sensor and have not yet got it to work. I am somewhat confused on how I had thought my earlier temp was right cause as it seems that was impassable, stray voltage maybe? (the 3 bar map sensor also has a temp sensor?)
I have measured the source voltage at the pcv terminal screw after connection and see 1.567.... V and falling, (id say it was 45 C) as it was cooling off but that value did not correlate to the correct temp in the 9 cell chart I built for that sensor..... Very confused at the moment, and yes it is enabled with analog source selected....
Anyone crossed this bridge yet?
I'll keep at it; I'm hoping it is in my chart building; I will check the voltage today as the sled will be cold (minus 27 ish..) and see what the cold volts are....

Correction....volts were rising....better keep things accurate as not to confuse things more.

This must be a first.... I will reply to my own post and share the answer with who ever comes across it.

cell phones and typing...
Wow fast reply! I think I know what's wrong....you will confirm. ...I have a pti version for my boosted sled, I was trying to use the analog input on the pcv as it is open but I bet your going to say I can't do that......

So is the temperature table shown for the temperature sensor built into the map?
You are on the right track; but I will explain it in more detail. The PTI sensor is actually 2 sensors in 1. It is a MAP/IAT sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure / Intake Air Temperature). So there are 2 signals going out of that sensor and into the PC5 (1 MAP signal, 1 IAT signal). In the unediteable background configuration of the PTI unit the “Engine Temperature” channel stream is assigned to the BLUE/WHITE wire in your PTI sensor harness and can NOT be reassigned to the optional analog input on the wire terminal strip at the top of the module. So if you have no use for Intake Air Temperature and you would prefer to use you Engine Temp channel stream for actual coolant temperature, you would need to clip the BLUE/WHITE wire from the PTI sensor and tap it to the stock engine coolant temp sensor signal line. Then you would need to enter the transfer function of that sensor into the Engine Temp Configuration section of the PC5 software. Now your Engine Temperature channel stream will display actual engine temp, instead of intake air temp.

Also you should also know that anytime 1 of these analog inputs is just floating, the device will detect voltage from somewhere else on the circuit board and it usually continuously rises and eventually hangs up somewhere around 4.7 volts. You would actually have to ground the analog input to see it show 0.00 volts coming in. A floating line will might show anything.

My problem solved.

Wow fast reply! I think I know what's wrong....you will confirm. ...I have a pti version for my boosted sled, I was trying to use the analog input on the pcv as it is open but I bet your going to say I can't do that......

So is the temperature table shown for the temperature sensor built into the map?
You are on the right track; but I will explain it in more detail. The PTI sensor is actually 2 sensors in 1. It is a MAP/IAT sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure / Intake Air Temperature). So there are 2 signals going out of that sensor and into the PC5 (1 MAP signal, 1 IAT signal). In the unediteable background configuration of the PTI unit the “Engine Temperature” channel stream is assigned to the BLUE/WHITE wire in your PTI sensor harness and can NOT be reassigned to the optional analog input on the wire terminal strip at the top of the module. So if you have no use for Intake Air Temperature and you would prefer to use you Engine Temp channel stream for actual coolant temperature, you would need to clip the BLUE/WHITE wire from the PTI sensor and tap it to the stock engine coolant temp sensor signal line. Then you would need to enter the transfer function of that sensor into the Engine Temp Configuration section of the PC5 software. Now your Engine Temperature channel stream will display actual engine temp, instead of intake air temp.

Also you should also know that anytime 1 of these analog inputs is just floating, the device will detect voltage from somewhere else on the circuit board and it usually continuously rises and eventually hangs up somewhere around 4.7 volts. You would actually have to ground the analog input to see it show 0.00 volts coming in. A floating line will might show anything.

My problem solved.

WOW... LOL you are good at answering your own questions...

My problem solved.
have you found out what the scaling will be on the oem sensor?

After finding out I was unable to use it I didn't bother taking voltage vs temp readings. However I did measure 4.78v at around minus 30 degrees centigrade, I would be guessing to say the temp at 1.3v to be around 50c? When I measured. I did find a scale I just loaded I tnto mine ;
image.jpg

I realize there is some difference in the voltage as compared to the -30 and the 4.78 v seen on the oem sensor but since I'm not using that one I just put this in as a start. You have the pti version? What are you doing with the oem sensor voltage? I actually left my wire in the circut just in case I want that voltage later.

Just started to hook mine up. I realy want the water temp on my pod-300. So i need to figure out the scaling to get it close. It is the pti i have.

Back