• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coupling a BTX or XTX

tnc110

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX SE, SRXs
Going from a ltx viper to a btx sw, amazed how much the btx bucks on rough trails compared to the ltx. Anyone try a coupling kit? Thoughts? Likes/ dislikes?

This is the downfall of uncoupled skids....they need to be diff calibrated or else they will bottom easily. But they do transfer well!

Can you buy the parts from a ltx and copy it? I have never looked closely at those models.

Dan

Check out the hygear suspension link

Going from a ltx viper to a btx sw, amazed how much the btx bucks on rough trails compared to the ltx. Anyone try a coupling kit? Thoughts? Likes/ dislikes?
I had a Viper XTX that I bought for the uncoupled suspensions transfer on trail and for off trail play. I was looking for max acceleration corner to corner. It delivered the thrill I was looking for in most conditions. However the air shock pressure changed with temps affecting ride and handling and had Jeckle and Hyde personality. For example, I could run 110 lbs in the rear and would very ride nice over small bumps but buck me over med and large bumps. Increasing pressure was not the answer. So next season I went with a coilover rear shock and hygear linkage. Sled handled bumps of all sizes better overall but at the expense of transfer...which I knew would happen....but a lot more than I wanted. Corner to corner thrill gone. Sold sled to buy a 2 seater for the family. In hindsight, I would have bought a rear fox qs3r with rebound and compression. With that shock you can set ride height, have compression adjustment and most importantly have rebound control.... which is what I think an uncoupled skid needs to ride well on the trail over the bumps of any size and at any speed. I’m been eying the B-TX and if I pull the trigger I will replace the rear float right away. Hope that helps.

My cousin has the 2018 btx LE with qs3 coilovers and they defiantly got it right just order a shock from a 2018 LE it will ride so much better I was gonna go the hygear route till I rode that and for $400 I can have a whole new shock that works!

I pulled the trigger on the 3 position ARC system by skinz for my btx. I cant wait.
Coupled to uncoupled back to coupled with a flick of the thumb! Lots of adjustability.
I could hit the roughest stuff on my ltx viper and come out grinning and shaking my head in disbelief at what it could handle. The btx will buck the heck out of me, but damn, the acceleration would nearly make up for it. Now I should have the best out of both worlds.

I pulled the trigger on the 3 position ARC system by skinz for my btx. I cant wait.
Coupled to uncoupled back to coupled with a flick of the thumb! Lots of adjustability.
I could hit the roughest stuff on my ltx viper and come out grinning and shaking my head in disbelief at what it could handle. The btx will buck the heck out of me, but damn, the acceleration would nearly make up for it. Now I should have the best out of both worlds.
Very cool tech. Please let us know how the system works for you on and off trail.

I have sidewinder XTX and just returned from 2 days of riding in NY. 350 miles of trail riding and sled performed perfect. have Hygear linkage with dual pres. also have dual rate twisted spring for center shock and rear transfer is excellent on groomed trails and handles chop very well. the 1.6 track on the xtx hooks up very well. the center shock spring for your weight seems to be very important and adjusting the preload and the dialing in the dual pressure makes all the difference on how your suspension is going to work. after a few adjustments mine works great for me. there is no setting that is going to work for everyone since rider weight and type of riding varies with every one. have some patients dont be afraid to make an adjustment and the sweet spot will be found, night and day difference from stock.

I have the Hygear Pro link on my XTX 141 and no problem. only had to move the left side idler wheel from inside the rail to the outside. only have a clearance problem running the dual pres res in stock float 3 location and moving the left idler wheel fixes that.

Back