• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CR & Yamaha U Can salvage the 2015 Release with one move

fogilization

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Extend the offer on the MPI turbo's to the trail machines....If you did this I would own my second Viper! The viper is just underpowered for the upper peninsula and Ontario no easier way to say it. Handling is as close to the XRS as any Yamaha.

Maybe its no big deal to Yamaha becuase of the engine sales, but I am guessing the Cat boys are coming with a Turbo 7000 in 5 days. It will be a double dagger for me as I will likely go full green becuase the viper ride quality and engine combo is just that good.

Everyone talks about more power and I agree with most. Not sure you need 195HP of the turbo, but at least enough to run with the Apex. Right now the turbo is the only way to get up in the 165 range of the Genesis EXUP.

Its a high elevation setup only...read the fine print

Dan

Attachments

• yam.jpg
    yam.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 128
They're offering a turbo to the mountain guys because they know that there's no way anyone would buy a NA Viper for the steep and deep. Remember, you lose approx. 30% of your HP at elevation. Even if you give the Nytro engine a liberal 135 HP rating, 30% loss equals 90 HP, which is not much more than the Phazer makes at sea level.

Funny how there are so many people buildiing a mountain sled from a trail sled. This is a good time to build a turbo trail sled and sell the new mountain sled parts.

I wonder if Yamaha will be as quick to deliver the turbo as they have with their contour camera. If they, don't expect to get the turbo.

I dont get why they won't offer the same promo for the flat landers. If they did I would be on a new Viper with dealer installed Turbo. Like for 2000.00 plus install, why Not? I really think they are missing the boat on that..

RX1MPete said:
Funny how there are so many people buildiing a mountain sled from a trail sled. This is a good time to build a turbo trail sled and sell the new mountain sled parts.

Only problem with that idea is the MPI kit they're offering will be mapped for elevation. You could change the map of course, along with gearing, clutching, etc., but making those changes, along with swapping to short skid, track, a-arms, shocks, etc. probably negate any advantage of the lower priced turbo.

I do not think you will ever see a production turbo or super charger to the flatlanders because of the headaches with stupid people in lower elevations who will not leave well enough alone. They will turn the boost up above the specification, blow the unit up and then walk back into the dealer whining the thing blew up and claim they did nothing. I think a lot of turbo Cat issues are more operator stupidity and attitude and the other manufacturers see that. Why go there? Let's admit it there are a lot of idiots out on the trails who will not listen.

:sled1:

SledFreak said:
I dont get why they won't offer the same promo for the flat landers. If they did I would be on a new Viper with dealer installed Turbo. Like for 2000.00 plus install, why Not? I really think they are missing the boat on that..
x2

I think you will see turbo for flatlanders but it will be in green sleds... If this happens and Yamaha doesnt do the same they are gonna be screwed.

Yamaha riders should know this by now...Yamaha does not care what you want...it's what they want. This is not about us.

Back