• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crappy 136" extension eat hyfax?

makri

Hi,

Last summer I extended my FX Nytro to 136", but when I ordered the extension I did not know that it had now hyfax extension. I think this must be the reason I have used up my hyfax this season? I have about 1400 km this season, but mostly in very good snow conditions.

What do you think? I better change my extension for next season?
Where can I get the best extension?

Thanks

PASKE10007.jpg

PASKE10005.jpg

STORLIEN1132.jpg

We here at Muffin Works have rail extensions available for your sled. We have them in straight form, or with a 6* tip up as seen in the XTX skid. We are one of the few that have a 136" extension with a 6* tip.

Email me, PM me, or check out our website for details.

And the good guys extend the Hyfax to the end of the rails avoiding that point of contact taking all the weight.

You will find all you need to know on this site...

I'm going will the 136" Tip up and adding wheels in that area.

Ya, thats a pretty long extension with no hyfax.
I have a similar one but only 153-162 as well as all the mountain wheels + marginal wheel kit up front.
I use my scratchers on all packed snow/trails.
1800 km original hyfax, probably 70% left.
I run the track with about 1" unweighted sag in the middle.

perhaps another set of wheels near the back of the rails would help or you may need to go to 136 rails which are probably around $200 each or so.

Thanks for the quick responses.
What will be the benefit with the 6 degree tip?
It is a MCX turbo on this, and its very difficult to keep the skis down, will the 6 degree angel make it more hard to keep the ski on the ground?

Thanks

I would just add another set of wheels near the rear of your rails. That would probably help a ton.

Kinda like this...

Attachments

• nytro wheels.jpg
    nytro wheels.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 107
makri said:
Thanks for the quick responses.
What will be the benefit with the 6 degree tip?
It is a MCX turbo on this, and its very difficult to keep the skis down, will the 6 degree angel make it more hard to keep the ski on the ground?

Thanks

I think I agree with you here. Never rode a nytro with the tip up but I would imagine with all the power you have it would be better to just have a straight extension.

my friends sled does the same..in the same place..but only since he put the turbo on..he too is always ridding the tail..says its hard to keep it down...lol..sure..I tell him that its wareing cause its always up..turns a cornner and hes up till almost the next.he too is changeing the rails.and mountain tamer ..the stock shocks are too weak for turbo. .we will see.I think he should try not to do so many wheeles..lol...but if I had one..I would do the same..lol..scratchers help..over 2000 on my 162 about 70% left..my wifes look new..lol..

I am using OFT 121" - 136" rail extensions with 6 degree kick-up and hyfax all the way to the back. No wear problems at all, not even at the bend of the kick-up. I have got little bit more than 4000 kilometers on the current pair of hyfax and they still look like brand new. And I am not even using all of the stock idler wheels...
But it is all about snow conditions. We have had a fantastic season full of fresh powder and no hard / icy days.

Hello Makri,

Did you buy your turbo from TMS Produkter? They are a dealer for OFT products, as well as MCX. If you need contact information, let me know.

Scott

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

scmurs said:
Hello Makri,

Did you buy your turbo from TMS Produkter? They are a dealer for OFT products, as well as MCX. If you need contact information, let me know.

Scott

Hi Scott

I live in Norway and have my snowmobile in Sweden, I bought my kit directly from MCXpress in Sweden.

So maybe the way to go is to add some more wheels.
Im not sure about the tip up. I can see some benefits with it, but not really sure how it will affect the ski lift.

As for the loose track, I never had any issues with that as I'm using avid cnc drivers.
Looks to me that my track have get a good stretch this season :exc:

Thanks for all your answers, and trying to help me out

scmurs said:
Hello Makri,

Scott

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00413.jpg
scmurs, nice wheels... What size are those and what is the benefit to them? Do they fit on the stock axle?

I allso run a 136" xtension from OFT with 6 degree tip along with MCX 240, Back Country 44mm track and put on a set of Lynx hyfax (BMP product, closely related to Ski Doo and sold here in Europe) and can notice a slightly higher wear of the hyfax just at the tip up-but it is marginal and nothing that bother me to mutch.
The Lynx hyfax is a bit harder than Yamaha, but the main reason is that I needed longer hyfax at new years eve-and the Lynx store is the only one in my area that i know where the store manager lives so he can open up the store in a holiday ;)!
Regarding how it handles-dont worry! Yes it weelies, any were, any time at any speed-but its no problem at all to control the sled, it does exactly what i want. Ive got a neighbour with a copy of my sled exept for MCX 270 and OFT 144 xtension, and that one is way more stiff in corners at grooved trail.

I am extremely pleased with my sled as it is today and wont change a single thing for next season!

Back