• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cubby's RX-1 needs some help

Cubby's RX-1

VIP Member
Website
www.cubbyscustoms.com
Hey guys,.......

I have not been on this forum for a long time but I was very helpful back in the day and I got a lot of help back in the day from this forum so I am hoping someone can point me I the right direction here.... I have over 42K miles on my RX-1 ton and it threw a rod yesterday. The damn thing still ran on 3 cylinders and I was still able to ride it onto the trailer. I used to deal with a great guy out of Chicago that had used part for Yamaha 4 strokes and I bought a bunch of used parts from him back in the day. I am looking for him or ANYONE that can find me a good used short or long block for this old dog. I have so much invested that I hate to scrap the sled. But if I do scrap it, I have a ton of awesome upgrades for you guys that have RX-1's like a ExpertX suspension, ported cylinder head, and a full chrome front end. Any help would greatly be appreciated.......... Cubby

Barn of parts is a advertiser on this site. I would check with him first.

Hey guys,.......

I have not been on this forum for a long time but I was very helpful back in the day and I got a lot of help back in the day from this forum so I am hoping someone can point me I the right direction here.... I have over 42K miles on my RX-1 ton and it threw a rod yesterday. The damn thing still ran on 3 cylinders and I was still able to ride it onto the trailer. I used to deal with a great guy out of Chicago that had used part for Yamaha 4 strokes and I bought a bunch of used parts from him back in the day. I am looking for him or ANYONE that can find me a good used short or long block for this old dog. I have so much invested that I hate to scrap the sled. But if I do scrap it, I have a ton of awesome upgrades for you guys that have RX-1's like a ExpertX suspension, ported cylinder head, and a full chrome front end. Any help would greatly be appreciated.......... Cubby
42,000 miles?? Really? Impressive!

spa city sled parts? jim henslig (i cannot spell) has gotten me used stuff for my sleds.

Cubby I can contact a customer who did some front end damage to his 2004 RX Warrior, he was thinking of parting it out last I talked to him, there's about 5,000 miles on the sled.

Back