• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Custom fuel injection conversoin for RX1 ideas... questions.

If I know brads and others kits didnt work so well, I might worry, but I know WAY to many people who run it in sleds/cars/trucks/etc to worry, and my rings are the crappy 03 ones that burn oil, and my turbo seals leak a tad to, so it keeps it all nice and lubed.

as far as fuel injection, I just dont have the budget for it.. and I like race gas for less then 87 octane!! its lesss complex as far as the system goes as well... there is just less to mess with, and I just like things different.

Currently working with a fella who does turbo propane toyota trucks for offroading, so he is using the same size parts and such as me, so I have a good tuning reference. Im excited to get going on it, just working on trying to save money right now!!

standalone

i have both big stuff 3 and jims new ems system and love both of them they are an investment and will last forever and can keep up with future mods without re investing in fuel and ign managment there are a few guys out there that im am sure are good as well ! what is great is that jim does it year round he is constantly improving the product and shares with all his customers even when he is racing against you

the new system cost less and is also a great fit for a lake runner or trail app having fuel, ign , data logging from 1 source makes tuning a breeze

jim answers tech questions himself 365 days a year < really>
i dont think that fuel and ign managment should ever be eliminated to save on a project. it will pay back many times over with greater success by eliminating guess work.
good luck with your project
jim w

well, fuel injection doesnt matter anymore.. gonna go with something a little more fun, and different, and PROPANE..

all my gas stuff is up for sale, im just working on saving my pennies to make the propane parts happen so I can start on it. its as done as a deal is ever gonna get... I like the idea and want to try something new.. I cant have normal.

WOW Sk-Dooin' it - I thought you were on a budget, a propane system would be $11.000 USD last time I checked and the guys want to make the install (included in the price). Whatever you decide on you're in for a great project, good luck on whatever you choose :) I like your idea on ride it everywhere the way you want to without having the sled as the limiting part.

rxrider

oh, its not gonna be a kit from anyone, its peices and parts, and a lot of head scratching and spare time.. hence the budget. not as nice as what you can buy.. but Im a builder, not a buyer.

as far as the sled, yeah, I want something I can ride however I want it and only worry what I can do. not the sled.

I know you can pull it thru Ski - It will be a great build to follow. A propane system would be my dream project as well, but my budget won't allow me for quite some time if ever. I wish you all the best and hope you will be able to ride when the snow falls. Have a nice 4th of July.

if done right.. its not to much $$ at all.. ill let you all know how it works as I get going, I will have a nice build thread as I start rocking on it here soon. and I will let some in on the price stuff, as if I keep at all close to my budget(thats funny) It will be a LOT less than most thing as im using my old turbo stuff.

and time to head out and go sledding on the last little piles up on the hills!!!!

from gotpropane.com.. he does toyota kits and such, and from my research, they are the right parts for a sled application, he also has some background in turboing with propane, so he is going to try and help me out getting it done.

and my budget for the propane aspect, including brackets, tank, etc... right around $1000... the parts are cheap, I understand there are always more things that you spend $$$ on, but i have SO many spare parts from the build already, i have a lot to pick from. also because im going propane, im building a midmount setup, got 6" header tubes?!

Ski-Dooin' it said:
from gotpropane.com.. he does toyota kits and such, and from my research, they are the right parts for a sled application, he also has some background in turboing with propane, so he is going to try and help me out getting it done.

and my budget for the propane aspect, including brackets, tank, etc... right around $1000... the parts are cheap, I understand there are always more things that you spend $$$ on, but i have SO many spare parts from the build already, i have a lot to pick from. also because im going propane, im building a midmount setup, got 6" header tubes?!
I just checked out that site. Looks very cool & they seem to know what they are talking about. I am definately very interested. Keep us updated!!!

Back