• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dalton weight - SUPER SLUGS r back

waldo1

Expert
IMG_2607.JPG
for dalton quick adjust weights - i like the quick reving trail friendly dalton qay 70 weights in a power trail 14.5 # tuned 260 hp sidewinder but with stock gearing or when u change to the 17 pound 290 hp tune - its not heavy enough - with 2 of these modified slugs per arm, x3 - it fixes and holds it down around 9000 rpms. great set up
- these weigh at least 2.5 grams more per 1" slug which is 5 grams total. with custom set ups, can get 8 grams heavier.. big difference! i drill these out in the lathe and insert a huge slug of carbide which is alot heavier than steel... these work! - in the dtya1, dtya2, dtya3, qay 70 and many more like the newer arctic cat and polaris mod cam arms for piped and turbo set ups with these set screw Dalton type adjustment.
- 1/4 - 20 inch standard thread with 1/8" Hex key or allen wrench end.
- with custom sizes, like 1", 7/8", 3/4" screws lengths for a certain weight for special application, or a tip filler (shown in pics) or whatever - remember - u can grind em to a smaller size or weight if a lighter weight than the max is needed...
- ive been messing with inserting a super slug in the dtya2 with 275 - 300hp 17 - 20 # tunes - been inserting these extra heavy slugs in just the base, the middle and or the very tip, gives lots of other options for perfect clutching... these work!
- contact me if u have questions or would youd like a set or their on ebay...

Attachments

• IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2640 (2).JPG
    IMG_2640 (2).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Are you saying the QAY's are more trail friendly than the DTYA's? If so, why?

not as sluggish as dtya1 or 2 or 3 in a higher load or powdery situation like going in a ditch at high speeds and having to power out - - i dont like dtya 1 compared to the 70's or the 2's - 2's are more sluggish feeling in general but are no slower in a drag race than the 70's, unless your over revving. 1's are slower in general. i prefer both these weights over the 1's --- and my carbide slugs in the 70's keep the r's down at higher boost levels making it the perfect more adjustable trail racer weight. been testing the 2's with these slugs in different area depths in this weight ---- then blew a chain case - so testing is incomplete with these set ups but looking very promising with a carbide 11/16 slug in the very tip with machined down threads to go into the hole of the tip all the way and stick out a little.

Last edited:
I have your super slugs, but I'm 95% sure the DTAY1 and 70's are the exact same profile.

I have your super slugs, but I'm 95% sure the DTAY1 and 70's are the exact same profile.

i believe u are correct from my research - top profile looks and measures out identical, the bottom and where these slugs go, are what makes all the difference - dtya2 and 3 is same profile also - but again - thickness is a little different on 3,s and bottom profile is different - clutching is a black magic that takes all season in some cases to get right - these weights make it easy - and with these other options - u can do things with the weight u conuldnt do with just the standard steel slugs ---- and there so easy to change on the trail - there may be a better weight out there - i just havent found it - we buy em all and try alot of things. but im a trail racer - not a 500 foot guy... although they do well there also....

Are these the $200 ones I see on eBay?

theres only 1 add - $159 - i couldnt find these when i tryed to purchase em this year so i made a several sets - there not as easy to make as youd think - thats most likely why nobody is making em... but i used them in tha past on super apexs and nytros with great success - there wernt alot of options back then with clutching for 300 hp stuff... these work great!
- ill hook u all up - pm me for a great price
- theres no replacment for displacement -- or great clutching --- both is better.... and now --- turbo - haaaa haaa - this is great.... luv my sled!!!

Last edited:

Back