• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dc outlet

viperyder

Extreme
it says my 08 anny nytro does not have capability of dc outlet??
i find this hard to believe when the rubber plug is there...
has anyone installed a dc outlet? do you need to install fuse?wire? along with the outlet?
part numbers would be appreiciated
interested muchly
thanks gary~

I just installed mine today. It is real simple and easy, just pull the rubber plug, screw in the a/c outlet and there is a harness on the sled with a "dummy" connector. You remove the dummy connector and plug it into the a/c outlet....have the part number at work for the outlet, will post it tomorrow.

I installed the DC outlet a couple of months ago and from what I founf there was no "dummy" connector. The 09's have em but from what I understand the 08's don't. I hard wired mine to the battery with am inline fuse, works great so far. Triplerev, is yours an 08 or 09?

On the 08 there's no dummy plug so I just installed a marinco plug from west marine, weatherproof fuse holder direct to the battery... Costs about $30

you can install the yamaha oem accy outlet on the 08 but they will not have the wiring in place to plug and play. you will need to seek a 12 volt source on the sled.

the only 08 nytros that came with the plugs from the factory were the mtx's.

not sure why yamaha did that. but they righted it for 09. ski

Installed mine last year. I believe I used the brown wire off the ignition for the hot wire and picked up a ground off the frame close to the opening. That brown wire is a switched power so when the key is on you'l have power to the outlet. I would definitely install a inline fuse.

Back