• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dead 09 xtx

twiz28

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder BTX 1.75 Backcountry
2017 Sidewinder XTX 137
So I'm having a HID problem and going through component by component to figure out which is faulty. It had the dash off to get at the lights easier and took the key switch out because i had to stop start machine and figured it would be easier if switch was free from dash. Started machine and had the switch fall and strike ground terminal on battery and saw a spark out of corner of my eye. Something shorted. Have seconf xtx to rob parts from. Turn key, nothing. Switch key switch nothing not that. check main fuse green 40A switch it nothing. 10amps fuses on other side of starter relay good. starter relay good. load relay from other sled still nothing. so basically turn key fuel pump doesnt cycle, doesn't turn over, pod doesn't light up, nothing. jump terminals on starter relay turns over fine . what next??

Check the Ignition Fuse and other fuses in the fuse block behind the disc brake.

Attachments

• Fuse Location.PNG
    Fuse Location.PNG
    114.6 KB · Views: 62
Yea I would check the ign. fuse. It most likely blew when you shorted it out. Should be a 20 amp mini fuse. Should be a spare one in there if you haven't used it before..

The fuse box is on the right hand side down by the reverse leaver.

Ryan

fuse

Was ign fuse. Thanks guys!

Back