• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dead gauge pod and blown fuse

pistons

Extreme
The dead gauges were traced back to a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and every thing is fine. I generally figure a fuse blows for some reason but I'm not sure where to look. Thanks

Hi ! You're right Pistons ! Check wires , fallow the route and try to find if there is a wire ( hot) that might be touching lose metal ( neg.) But give it a while , it might not blow anymore ( just a freak thing that happened ) but if it does again now will be the time to get serious ! CIAO

I have not looked at it. After getting home from da UP, I parked it and not had time to look. Probably like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I now carry some spares though.

I found my electrical short!!!! :-o
It was under the drink holder in the front nose under the tool kit..... a single wire, blue with black stripe had been innocently rubbing on the right hand side on a flat metal bracket and had just worn through the covering....

I taped it up and tie wrapped the wiring harness that it was part of, away from the metal surface.....

I think I should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket, as it was a lucky catch. You really should take a look, cuz it will only get worse and you maybe get lucky too!!!

Back