• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dealer not helping me out w/ bent subframe

TurboMatt

Pro
I am looking for opinions. I took my sled to my local Yamaha dealer 2.5 weeks ago. I believe that my front subframe is bent. I am not getting any help from them. They are saying: It's your fault, you must have hit something. I did not hit anything. I called Yamaha about 2 weeks before to notify them of my problem and they said take it to the dealer and go from there. Should I call them again or what? I really don't think I should have to pay for this. I honestly didn't hit anything and my dealer is basically calling me a liar.

My dealer would not help me either :o| . I just ordered new frame and replaced myself and kept my bent subframe. I saved my old subframe since my new subframe seemed to be heavier so hopefully Yammy must know it was a problem and I have my fingers crossed there will be a re-call and I still can get reinbursed for my bent frame.

2jzpgt said:
I am looking for opinions. I took my sled to my local Yamaha dealer 2.5 weeks ago. I believe that my front subframe is bent. I am not getting any help from them. They are saying: It's your fault, you must have hit something. I did not hit anything. I called Yamaha about 2 weeks before to notify them of my problem and they said take it to the dealer and go from there. Should I call them again or what? I really don't think I should have to pay for this. I honestly didn't hit anything and my dealer is basically calling me a liar.

This sounds exacty like the broken spindle problem on my sled. Yamaha says " you must have hit something" "take it to the dealer first and go from there". for your info. calling yamaha's customer service is like talking to a wall, they told me to take my sled to my dealer way back in early january and the sled is still there. This Is totally rediculus, they know that they have major front end problems with the 08 nytro's and all they want to do is turn there backs on all of us! What good is a 3 or 4 year warranty if they wont fix any of there design problems. They might as well put a 35 year warranty on the new 09 sleds because it doesn't matter they won't fix anything anyway. hope you have better luck than I am :o|

You are correct, talked with Yamaha and they know there are issues. They quickly moved away from this 08 design. They say the handwarmers will be fixed in '09 and for '08 models with issues. As for the front end, no decision yet.

And they wonder why people get upset, join the club boys, they know they are aware however some of us get help and some of us don't.

Talked to my dealer today and according to them Yamaha has highest priority on the subframe strength. And if that is the case there has always been an update/recall in the past. If I was hearing right there is a big possibility that mine will be under waranty, but I will straighten mine and drive it as is. Now they know mine is bent and I dont think I will have a problem convincing them that I didnt hit anything (that I know about). According to the mecanic there had been 4 with mine that had not registrated hitting anything. but 2 of the others had landed more on one ski in the bottom of a bump and that had been enough.

Well after this I am more relaxed and hopeful that things will be solved in some way...

I dont have a nytro, but talked to my dealer the other day, and they have been told by yamaha that a fix is on the way for the subframe issues.

Either find another dealer or have your lawyer fire off a letter. Usually a letter lights a fire under their arses.

onlyblue said:
I dont have a nytro, but talked to my dealer the other day, and they have been told by yamaha that a fix is on the way for the subframe issues.

Same here, except I do own one. I'd say it will either be an entirely new assembly, or a bolt on part that will reinforce the subframe. Time will tell for sure, but I trust that my dealer was telling me the truth. He and everyone else that was there was told this at the 09 dealer show in NL by Yamaha Canada reps. Oh, almost forgot, a fix is in the works for the lame handwarmers too ! ;)!

Back