• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dealer Prep??

recinc:
The charger that Yamaha recommended 2 years ago was a rather expensive Yuasa unit. For a new battery, it would charge it at probably around 2 amps on and off for up to 12 hours. When the battery got hot, I think it would shut off for a while. The charger that Yamaha recommends now (in Canada anyway) is a much cheaper Optimate unit. I do not know much about it.

These batteries, the YTX-20, are not new to the RX-1. They were used in my 95 Kaw 900 Zxi Jet Skis. I've always used one of those Battery Tender Jrs. that tickle charge the battery and then maintains it while connected to the battery.

When I bought mine, the track adjustment was so loose the sled wouldn't move, the brake light didn't work, I had a few loose bolts, and when I went to do the first greasing at around 500 miles (about 2 weeks after buying the sled) I found NOTHING had been greased by the dealer!

When my buddy bought his first Doo, he was walked through every part of the sled, all maintenance points, the suspension was set up for him, and he was treated like a king. I didn't even get a free registration or cover with mine. And I paid cash up front! There was no way for me to set it up myself, because 1. all of the sleds are set up as soon as they are brought in; and 2. I wouldn't get a warranty if the dealer didn't do the assembly/prep.

Jim

Back