• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Debating to sell or not 2015 Vector. Talk me into or out if it lol

Kenjeepman78

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 RS Vector
Hey all well thinking of selling my 2015 vector. As my use has been dwindling over the years. So I have questions. Is there even a market anymore since the viper has been out? It got a bit over 10k miles. Going to need the front a arm bushings done. Track is ok no rips. But has a lot of miles on it. Shocks were gone thru two years ago but had issues with the rear last year and I bought all the tools to rebuild the shocks since I couldn’t get anything done in a pinch last year. Had all new bearings in the skis and shafts two years ago along with a new rear suspension arm. All that will go with the sled. Not sure what to ask realistically. I see people still asking $4k and more for 05 skidoo’s and RX’s.
Located in Michigan if it matters. Any opinions welcome looking for a starting point at minimum. Ps I don’t think it’s made of gold and would want to sell quickly as it’s stored at a friends place.

Attachments

• 9E7D6E44-F8A1-424A-9481-0A5BA2CC4A91.jpeg
    9E7D6E44-F8A1-424A-9481-0A5BA2CC4A91.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 97

Are you planning to be sled-less this season or replace it with something else?

as it is an eps and efi sled, i would say ask $7000.00-9000.00 for it and whatever you settle on from the offers needs to make you happy. if they complain they want a new track or the bushings done, add it in on the price but if it is advertized that they will need attention, then you can say price reflects that.

just did a quick look at autotrader canada and on kijiji and all the ones i found in good snow country where close to lower price with more milage.

Vectors are harder to sell than Apexes and with 10K miles you're pretty much doomed. In Maine you'd be really lucky to land 5K (US) for it. We all know it's just broken in, but the rest of the sled world won't give it a second look.

Imo 4K is on the top end of what I expected to hear.

what are you asking?
Was kinda the point of this post I really don’t know what to ask. I’m located in Marshall Mi if your close enough your welcome to come look and offer. Probably start around $4500-5000 and see where it leads. I’ve got $400 or better in the tools, nitrogen and oil for servicing the shocks that I won’t need after I sell. So it can go with.

Was kinda the point of this post I really don’t know what to ask. I’m located in Marshall Mi if your close enough your welcome to come look and offer. Probably start around $4500-5000 and see where it leads. I’ve got $400 or better in the tools, nitrogen and oil for servicing the shocks that I won’t need after I sell. So it can go with.
Because it is a real Yamaha you should easily get around 6 to 7000. 10,000 miles is nothing on these machines.

If it owes you nothing why not just keep it. There's gonna be a handful of awesome days with fresh snow you'll want to use it so why limit your recreational choices? Maybe a better question is, what other activity is a little snowmobiling preventing you from enjoying?

Because it is a real Yamaha you should easily get around 6 to 7000. 10,000 miles is nothing on these machines.
If this was an immaculate low mile sled I could agree. I do agree the mileage on the motor is nothing. And all bearings have been replaced and don’t have 1500 miles on them.

If it owes you nothing why not just keep it. There's gonna be a handful of awesome days with fresh snow you'll want to use it so why limit your recreational choices? Maybe a better question is, what other activity is a little snowmobiling preventing you from enjoying?
That was my first thought but I hate to see things sit. It’s not good for machines to just sit and never get used. The last few years have been well under 1000 miles put on.

It’s more my riding group has dwindled and I’m the last remaining. I don’t ride like I’m in a race that seems to be most of what I see in the trails the last few years. I do enjoy some tight and twisty trails and get after it here and there but the days of having to do 60mph+ all day every turn has lost its appeal. I also don’t have a good place to store anymore it has always staying in my friends shop. And while we are still friends he not riding anymore so I see that making access a little harder and I don’t want to feel I’m bothering them. I also would have to buy a trailer since we only ride together the last 8 ish or better years and he had two nice enclosed trailers. I helped with maintenance items and labor but didn’t see a reason to buy one.

Unless you are hurting for cash just keep it. I doubt many people will be wanting a high mileage sled. I'll be riding my 07 Nytro to the end of days...

Unless you are hurting for cash just keep it. I doubt many people will be wanting a high mileage sled. I'll be riding my 07 Nytro to the end of days...
Nope not hurting it’s paid for doesn’t cost much for insurance to keep it covered. That’s the struggle. I’ll have to do some prep for long term storage if I hang onto it. (Longer Than summer) and maybe find a place to keep it.

Just keep it then. Even if you use it once a year you still got out. Its not like its costing you big bucks to keep it. If it was brand new and 100% financed debt I would get rid of it. At this point just enjoy it.

I have a 16 foot Lund. Some years I put 50-75 hours on it. This year Ive put maybe 5. I dont care. It costs nothing to keep around. Long since paid for.

Back