1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Deep snow apex question

Discussion in 'Apex Mountain' started by Mikematt, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mikematt

Mikematt VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    Apex
    Currently running a turbo apex with a 174 track and fox floats with simmons gen 1 skiis.

I find that the sled handles like a brick and I hate the feel of the steering. Most of my riding is in the East Kootenays & Revelstoke (mountains). What have you found that is a good mountain ski for this sled? Also, if you are out there and running a similar setup with fox floats, what are you running for pressures to make it leanable?

My rear skid is the timber sled kit with fox floats as well. Seems like it has to be pumped to high PSI to even get any sort of suspension travel?

Any thoughts and comments appreciated!

3. DGZRT

DGZRT VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2009 Vector LTX, 08 Vector shorty, 98 XTC 500 & 600

This Turbo Apex looks to be running SLP Powder Pro's
    I just have to watch this Video every year !

I'm sure someone will have a better answer :letsnow:

crk1333 and msgt van like this.
  4. iceback

iceback Extreme

Gen 3s on my Turbo MTN, liked em much better . didn’t miss the the size of gen 2s I had on for two seasons . Try jacking up the front skid shock .