• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Differences between models

Snowaddict

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX-LE
TWITTER
mstahl88
Maybe this can't be completely answered yet, but can someone explain the differences between the models? Other than the obvious, such as mountain, track length, etc. Is it the shock packages? What model is used for what application? RTX, LTX, XTX, XTX DX, LE, SE. I'm so confused. Forgive me, but I have an '06, which only understood the difference between RTX and GT from that era.
I'm 90% groomed trail rider, but do enjoy breaking some trail in the open areas or woods, and the lake at times.

DX models have more plush suspension, SE models are more aggressive, LE models typically have very adjustable higher end shocks and different (taller lug) track options.

RTX and certain LTX are basically targeted at trail riders.

Certain LTX and all XTX models are targeted as crossover models

BTX models are for flat land deep snow riding, low elevation

MTX are for higher elevation deep snow riding

Hopefully that clears it up a bit, if you have any more questions ask here or you can send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Just trying to figure out what each has to offer and which one would suit me best, should I finally decide to quit waiting for the Apex replacement and pull the trigger on a new sled.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to figure out what each has to offer and which one would suit me best, should I finally decide to quit waiting for the Apex replacement and pull the trigger on a new sled.

For 90% trail riding I would suggest looking at the RTX or LTX models. DX, SE, LE models depending on how much suspension adjustment you want.

LE models will also have the RR (race ready) rear cat suspension with premium shocks all around

I was on yamahas website trying to figure out the difference between the ltx le and the xtx le with the 137" track. Both are coupled and the xtx has 1.75 " track. Anybody else see anything?

I was on yamahas website trying to figure out the difference between the ltx le and the xtx le with the 137" track. Both are coupled and the xtx has 1.75 " track. Anybody else see anything?

To my knowledge they are very similar except for the track, and the LTX LE has the QS3R kashima coated shocks where the XTX LE 137 has the standard QS3's

From the Fox website "Buttery-smooth, genuine Kashima Coat is available from FOX. Its distinctive gold color is backed by its high performance attributes — properties that provide an exceptionally smooth feel and extreme durability."

I haven't ridden a sled with the kashima coating, maybe @cannondale can better answer this question.

Back