• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Differences between Venture Lite and Multipurpose

It's a kind of float plate. It goes along with the front protector 8GR-77555-00-00

Thanks for the reply Mooseman, was that part not on the 2011-2012 MP's? Or VL's? My machine isnt around to crawl under and peek at it.

I'm trying to turn my '11 VL "snow plow" into a "snow machine" (fyi, that's Alaskan for snowmobile) ya, know one of those things that goes OVER the snow, not through it! ;-)

Definitely going with some floatation skis and looking into a wider/taller/better track too. Hoping a lower gear helps with the higher revs that cause my track to drop out from under me if the snow has any depth to it when starting out.
Thanks!

There is a thread in this section with pictures posted by Stan Zuray. His MP has 16 inch wide skis that he builds himself. Basically he bolts a shaped strip of UHMW plastic to either side of the stock ski. If I was looking for the final answer on keeping an MP up AND level that is what I'd be doing. Yamaha has 11 inch skins which I am putting on my VK PRO.

I wouldn't put too much money on that "float plate". I wouldn't even bother with the bumper. IMHO, that bigger bumper just adds more more weight, albeit probably not all that much. As @YukonMP said, skis are the ticket.

Back