• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dissapointed: ltx se vs. rmotion vs axys??

SRXracer

Expert
I got to put about 250 miles on yesterday with a '15 renegade adrenaline 800 and a '15 axys rush 800.

We started the day with about 10" of fresh, and ended the day riding packed groom trails. Mostly smooth, but we found a few bumpy sections to compare the sleds there.

I have to say, words can hardly describe the difference between these sleds. Setting the obvious power differences aside, the chassis and handling differences are ridiculous. Both the doo and the polaris are hands down the most comfortable sled i've ever ridden. Bumps, smooth, twisty, straight, it didn't matter where, those sleds were better. And yes, I did adjust my suspension, and it did get better, reduced the serious push it had in the corners, but it still wasn't even close.

Not to mention, i wasn't constantly covered with freezing/steam and snow on my visor while riding in 10 deg temps.

The j0ke at the end of the day that sort of summed up everyones thoughts... "well, the viper does a really nice brake..."

I'll follow up with some more detail later on the comparison, but i'd lke some input on my biggest question..

Has anyone rode the monster or hygear revalved vipers (or otherwise adjusted skid) and an rMotion skid or axys to compare? Is it even possible to get them close?

If you want plush riding with the Viper the DX model is the better of the bunch. Your sled needs to break in there is no doubt about that, but LTX seems to get more complaints about a stiff rear skid than others. I have a Renegade and yes it is more plush riding. The Viper gives more of a sport feel and handling.

Cannondale recently had Carver mods done to his and really likes it. I'd probably start there.

New BRP ordering policy? Did your new Skidoo come through with the suspension setup for your weight and riding ability? Did the Skidoo dealer setup the rear suspension for you? Did the Yamaha dealer you last had help on the sled setup?

I found my ltx se to be stiff as well but I am a heavy guy(330lbs) and I probably didn't feel it as much as some of you lighter riders that seem to be complaining about the ride, I could only imagine how stiff it would feel. Anyways I picked up all 4 shocks off a 2014 ltx dx off a member on this site and put them on my Se, all I can say is wow what a difference. I still have the rear springs on the softest setting and I just barely bottomed out on some real rough trails, I'm going to stiffen up the springs one notch and try it out but I am definitely much happier now with the DX shocks.

Sorry to tell you this but with the stock valving I don't think you'll ever get your sled to handle or take bumps like either one of those sleds. The stock valving has no progression to it so its like your riding on full stiff the entire time. I have no idea what yamaha was thing when they set these sleds up from the factory. Now with that being said, all you have to do is get the shocks revalved for a softer ride which in turn will make it hande ten times better than stock. You never feel like spending more money on something you just spent ten thousand plus dollars on but it's the only way to really make the sled work better. And yes you can make it as nice as a Doo or poo.

Thats the thing @weasel33 , the couple hundred bucks to get the work done isn't that big of a deal, its getting the work done, and still not even being close to those other sleds after just buying a brand new one, when both of those other sleds were sitting right in the line up at the dealer for the same or even less money than the viper!! ha. I'm glad to hear you say you think they can be as good as those other sleds, though, that's at least encouraging.

......... I have no idea what yamaha was thing when they set these sleds up from the factory......

Probably the same thing as when they came out with the SXViper......remember all the b*tching about that being too stiff for the average rider?......

Maybe it just the Viper name?:dunno:

My best advice to you will be to call Ian at monster. Tell him you have an ltx se and let him explain to you what it needs and why. He did a lot of the viper shocks last year, mine included, and knows exactly what's needed, he'll shoot straight with you and is the cheapest guy I found that is a well known shock guy with experience. My ltx se now rides absolutely amazing, 400 miles this rear on the new valving setup and I haven't had to stand up yet on anything, it soaks up the big and small bumps awesome!

the plan right now is actually to send them to Ian on monday! i've traded a couple emails with him this week already.

I got to put about 250 miles on yesterday with a '15 renegade adrenaline 800 and a '15 axys rush 800.

We started the day with about 10" of fresh, and ended the day riding packed groom trails. Mostly smooth, but we found a few bumpy sections to compare the sleds there.

I have to say, words can hardly describe the difference between these sleds. Setting the obvious power differences aside, the chassis and handling differences are ridiculous. Both the doo and the polaris are hands down the most comfortable sled i've ever ridden. Bumps, smooth, twisty, straight, it didn't matter where, those sleds were better. And yes, I did adjust my suspension, and it did get better, reduced the serious push it had in the corners, but it still wasn't even close.

Not to mention, i wasn't constantly covered with freezing/steam and snow on my visor while riding in 10 deg temps.

The j0ke at the end of the day that sort of summed up everyones thoughts... "well, the viper does a really nice brake..."

I'll follow up with some more detail later on the comparison, but i'd lke some input on my biggest question..

Has anyone rode the monster or hygear revalved vipers (or otherwise adjusted skid) and an rMotion skid or axys to compare? Is it even possible to get them close?

Back