• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do Phazers tend to get stuck alot?

chitownpete

I just sold my Viper and am open to all brands for a replacement so thanks for all input. I only have 3 requirements. 1) must be lighter than my Viper 2)must have larger ergonomics than my Viper 3)must do better than my Viper in deeper snow. The only possible Yamaha for me is a Phazer. I dont care about top speed anymore. The thing I hated most about the Viper was how easily it got stuck in comparison to my buds Polaris 800. In deep ditches no matter how we tried we couldnt get that sled stuck and no matter how we tried we couldnt make it through on either of our Vipers (we tried all possible suspension adjustments and even switched riders).Both had 1" tracks. I noticed the Phazer isnt much lighter than a viper and has a narrower track. Do any of you have any good/bad experiences with deeper snow? I dont care about groomed trails anymore and want to do more local ditch type riding. 80 hp will be plenty. Thanks for all unbiased input.

Then this machine is perfect for you, I just bought a brand new one too and now I have 750 miles on mine now ,and I have never got it stuck in deep pow. And if I see the deep pow I ride in it, chi you should fill out your location so we can see where you ride.

maybe the Phazer Mountain Lite may be a better option. This sled is at home in the deep like this. You can stop and than ease into the throttle and stay right on top. Excelent design for deep. Not good for mountains , lacking hp

Attachments

• offtrail 004.JPG
    offtrail 004.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 74
Yes it was definitly my fault each time I got stuck.Stupid trees or stuff I couldnt go around in time.So stop and buried!

Personally I think a stock 121" phazer with the 1" inch track not very good in deep snow. I am sure the 1.5" freeride track helps, or else like other people say the phazer MTX is your best bet in deep snow.

Back