• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you wear ear plugs when riding the VK Pro?

swampdog

Even with a helmet on, the VK Pro is not a quiet machine. Ear plugs cut the noise quite a bit.

Has anyone else found the noise level is enough to cause concern about hearing damage?

I've thouight about it. Have a buddy that does.

While I'm on a 6 hour grooming run, I'm wearing headphones the entire time.

I don't wear a helmet at those slow speeds (under 10mph) while I'm traveling on xc ski trails where I won't find another snowmobiler except at a couple of crossings.

If you can find the right earplug that's comfortable I'm sure they would help.

I love the sound the machine makes it's a good thing to dial your ears to ,you can tell by all the sounds how things are working or not working.You can save alot of money that way & keep on top of anything that's not working as it should be.

It's funny to see this post because I reached into my pocket today and found a handful of ear plugs. I used to ride the VK on the trail for typical 200 mile days. The track often creates a loud noise depending upon snow conditons. I think it is kind of a harmonic thing due to the 1.5" lugs on hard packed trails. Anyway, the ear plugs were great to use. I now ride a lighter sport machine for long rides and save the VK for hauling duties so hearing protection is not needed. I still love the VK but it was really annoying when the loud humming noise would almost hurt my eardrums.

Back