• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does a 2011 Apex have exhaust donut and slide wear issues

Ulmer’s header eliminates the EXUP valve, but the flex pipes and donuts remain. He claims 4-5 hp increase throughout the RPM range. I do know the PCV map I had did need to be updated with one adding some fuel, so the hp increase claims seem totally legit.

from the
Just purchased a 2011 gt 128. I definitely have a exhaust issue. Hope its just the donuts. Sled has close to 8,000 miles on the clock. It makes noise like its rattling but dose seem to go away after it starts to warm up running a minute or two. It however didn't pass the plug the exhaust and stall test. Exhaust needs attention. Time to let the fun begin.

All that said I do have a 06 I've done the exhaust on it 2 times and was covered once under warranty. Should be the same but different time will tell. Any pointers compared to the 06-10s? Oh also I like how the seat came off but that's as far as I got warmer days ahead.

Did find lots of information exhaust valve including how to adjust exhaust valve video. Is this something that should just be removed or adjust and leave alone?

Any other information regarding the exhaust on the 11s and newer I greatly appreciate. Should I start a new thread?

Thank you everyone its wrenching season.
sounding like you have a possible broken exup cable or valve as well as bad donuts. broke both the cables on my 2011 around the 13000mi mark but only found when i went in after exh donuts as they would pass hot but not cold. as gf runs it i assumed the rattle was the donut clamps when i drove it in the garage to do it preseason. i check the exup adjustment every year as part of my pre season. at 19000 mi on the 11 and still going at last time i looked at odo on it.

oh, and take a look at the rivits holding the tunnel to the bulkhead as mine did need to be re done at the 16000 mi mark as they where working loose. have to take all the same stuff apart to check/do them.

Back