• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DOES ANYONE'S Vector look like this at the end of the season

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Getting ready for the summer mods
Nytro Seat
bar Risers
Nytro windshield
Ohins in the skid

Attachments

• DSCN05470001zzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    DSCN05470001zzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 232

My RX-1 did last year. Moditis is very contageous - and $$$ with these things.

Good luck!

I like the pink fungus oozing out of your carbs. And, the adjustable height heavy duty front suspension. And, the under tunnel lighting effect! lol

Mine will look like that soon. After the horror stories floating around, I plan on pulling it down to check things out and change bushings and stuff.

Got a seat eh storm? Lucky dog. I've done the Ohlins, Nytro bar and riser, etc but haven't bit the bullet on a seat (yet). That stuff will set you back pretty good. Find a used one or have to buy new?

twomorestrokes said:
Mine will look like that soon. After the horror stories floating around, I plan on pulling it down to check things out and change bushings and stuff.

Got a seat eh storm? Lucky dog. I've done the Ohlins, Nytro bar and riser, etc but haven't bit the bullet on a seat (yet). That stuff will set you back pretty good. Find a used one or have to buy new?

I was lucky and found a used seat. Were did you get the nytro bar and riser? I was thinking of just a aftermarket riser, what did you do with old riser?

STORM-CHASER said:
twomorestrokes said:

I was lucky and found a used seat. Were did you get the nytro bar and riser? I was thinking of just a aftermarket riser, what did you do with old riser?

Hey I'm new to the 4 stroke side with a new 05 rage, and you guys are talking about putting the nytro seat and bars on your vectors,.
I had the same thought about mine.
The seat is all I think you need though, unless you are going for the nytro racer bar "look", because the bars on the rage/vector look to be as high or just slightly lower than the nytro riser/straight bars.
This is due to the large "U' shape of the stock vector bars,its easy to see with the pad off.
A 1 to 2 inch riser is the most you would need to be higher than a nytro.
looks are decieving with that huge riser on the nytro.

Hey I'm new to the 4 stroke side with a new 05 rage, and you guys are talking about putting the nytro seat and bars on your vectors,.
I had the same thought about mine.
The seat is all I think you need though, unless you are going for the nytro racer bar "look", because the bars on the rage/vector look to be as high or just slightly lower than the nytro riser/straight bars.
This is due to the large "U' shape of the stock vector bars,its easy to see with the pad off.
A 1 to 2 inch riser is the most you would need to be higher than a nytro.
looks are decieving with that huge riser on the nytro.
the vector and nytro also take the same part#'s of throttle/ choke cables...same length.
[/quote]

I am told the handel bars on the nytro are 3.5 inch higher and farther forward that the vector. This is taken into acount for the hooks.I like to get there , but not sure if I can without cables, I know you can go 2 inch with out cables

STORM-CHASER said:

That was lucky! I'd take one with blue trim if anyone has a lead. I bought the riser base, bolts and pad from another member who ordered it and didn't use it. I'll need to use the Nytro cables and possibly brake line. Bought the bar and riser joint new. (ouch) I still have my old setup, not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

snoway, I also read that the Nytro setup places the grips about 3.5" higher and about 1.5" forward from the Vector stuff. I had a 2" offset riser block on my Vector this season and it got them close to where I wanted, but I use the bar for leverage so much I don't like the flex and movement of the deep "stingray" style bars. Looking for a more rigid setup for next season. (plus the look ain't too shabby either!) ;)!

snoway said:
they don't use the same throttle cables,just the brake line.

The guy who I bought my stuff from says the brake line was different also but only by about 1/2". The part numbers are different.

[That was lucky! I'd take one with blue trim if anyone has a lead. I bought the riser base, bolts and pad from another member who ordered it and didn't use it. I'll need to use the Nytro cables and possibly brake line. Bought the bar and riser joint new. (ouch) I still have my old setup, not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

snoway, I also read that the Nytro setup places the grips about 3.5" higher and about 1.5" forward from the Vector stuff. I had a 2" offset riser block on my Vector this season and it got them close to where I wanted, but I use the bar for leverage so much I don't like the flex and movement of the deep "stingray" style bars. Looking for a more rigid setup for next season. (plus the look ain't too shabby either!) ;)![/quote
]

I am wonder if you took the Gen Mar Industries riser and put a 1 1/2" Block under it. do you want to pert with that or are you going to hang onto it?

Back