• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does your RX-1 tip to the right with the skis in the air????

shanksRX-1

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Apex
When ever I punch my 05 RX-1 and pull the skis. The sled always tips to the right.... It feels like its lighter on the left side or something. Im not sure what causes it. Are these sleds heavier on one side??? I haven't had a chance to weigh it yet but when cornering it seams to lift the inside ski very easy on one side and not as easy on the other side (oil tank side)

any ideas?? Thanks!!

Actually it is the rotational force of the motor and clutch that cause this. you really notice it even more when striaghtline racin from a standstill.

Not only does it tip to the right, it JUMPS to the right! I just raced my Dad's '03 (both sleds stock) in Quebec, off the line my sled jumped 10 feet to the right when the skis lifted. I had to burp the throttle to get them back on the ground long enough to correct. He jumped me by 3 sled lengths. I caught and passed him by the 1/4 mile point though. It's really funny, both sleds stock, I can get him from 0 - 100 by 4 - 5 sled lengths every single time, but he will walk past me from there on up. I can't get mine to get more than 113 on the speedo (99 GPS) but his will routinely hit 122 - 125. I don't really care much since 0 - 100 is where I do most of my riding, but seems odd to me since I thought the gearing from '03 to '05 was the same.

check your track alignment, when i set mine up for grass racing the first time i snugged up the track and it wasnt straight. almost turned over on its side 1st time 2nd run i almost got a dq for changing lanes.

The 03s had more top end, not sure why but I'm guessing because of the skid and the track, the proaction has less drag and the finger lug track is more flexible,(ie easy to tear) my 03 has been on radar at 127.32mph on probably a 3/4 or mile run.

I weighed my 03 this summer(645lbs with a 1/2 tank and 06 mono skid) the right and left side is pretty close, with in 5 or 8 lbs from what i remember. you may want to check your sway bar, it could be twisted or the link could have spun on the shaft and causing a issue like that?

QCRider said:
I had to burp the throttle to get them back on the ground long enough to correct. He jumped me by 3 sled lengths.

This is what keep happening to me. I raced a buddy the other day and 3 times I had to let off because the front end lifted and the sled went right. Now he thinks hes faster than me because he beet me in a couple drags. My track alignment seams ok. I checked it out and looks perfect.

Best way to fix it, transfer more weight up front and pull hard left off the line with your body - you can't do much about it. There is a lot of weight inside that motor spinning - a hell of a lot more than the 2 cylinder - 2 strokers.

Any drag racer will tell ya - skiis off the ground means your going slower than you could be.

how about your transfer rods are they evenly adjusted, slightly bent or broken, (I broke one on mine bought after market ones much beefier) maybe inspect the bushing in them. Is it possible that a broken motor mount could cause it?? not saying on the last thing just asking.

Right

Make sure you ck you rear skid mounting bolts. I had the same problem on my 05. I looked and found that the rear skid mounting bolt in the tunnel was broke. Repaired and she lifts even now.
Good luck
Bruce

Re: Right

polarisconvert said:
Make sure you ck you rear skid mounting bolts. I had the same problem on my 05. I looked and found that the rear skid mounting bolt in the tunnel was broke. Repaired and she lifts even now.
Good luck
Bruce

I think this was my problem. I broke the left side mounting bolt and the skid fell right into the tunnel. I found that the right side had been missing. I looked at these back when I first started having this problem and they looked fine. The problem has gotten worse since then so one might have been loose, Then I lost it and the problem got worse. Then the other bolt broke on a bumpy trail. threads are good on both sides so Im gunna get a couple bolts tomorrow and see if it bolts up ok, Hope nothing else got bent.

Back