• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DOO guy with nytro issues, please help!!!!

Rev chassis is good but the engine was crap. 3L/10km at least, and not that much power (-04 HO).. The seating possition was great but alittle to low imo. And the suspension was NOT up to my riding. Very much bottomed out all the time... Alot more than the Nytro eaven.. Went to 4 stroke after that... Maybee will be going back to 2stroke if Yamaha doesnt step up. Although I really dont want to. The -09 Lynx sleds look good but the engines(rotax) can never compare to the Nytro.. Lynx didnt get the 4stroke engine for -09 but maybee the race sled would be OK....

Kråkan said:
Rev chassis is good but the engine was crap. 3L/10km at least, and not that much power (-04 HO).. The seating possition was great but alittle to low imo. And the suspension was NOT up to my riding. Very much bottomed out all the time... Alot more than the Nytro eaven.. Went to 4 stroke after that... Maybee will be going back to 2stroke if Yamaha doesnt step up. Although I really dont want to. The -09 Lynx sleds look good but the engines(rotax) can never compare to the Nytro.. Lynx didnt get the 4stroke engine for -09 but maybee the race sled would be OK....

Thanks for your replies to all of my questions! I agree with your assessment that the REV seat was too low, the sitting to standing transition is very important to me as I stand A LOT and the Nytro seems to make it easier to stand. If I was going to ride another REV, I'd want a Boss seat.

Lets say you had your choice of either your REV with it's 2 stroke engine or your Nytro with it's handling issues, which (in your opinion) was the better overall package? Also was your REV an X?

If your less than 5'9 the rev is a perfect sled.

I have the same issue 6'3.........As much as I hate the handling of my nytro, it would be a close call..

thanks too all

i have flipped my ski rubbers and shimmed the rear of them by 1/4 inch. GREAT, the bad evil out of control darting is gone. i can live with the little darting that is their, but its not bad at all.

Everyone can let this post die if they wish, i need to start a new post in reguards to hand warmers, and the proper way to keep my skis planted so the transfer isnt so bad. please look for a new doo guy post.

thanks again, you guys are great!!!!!

All who are interested, Curve Industries and Excell Motorsports is conducting a TUNE YOUR YAMAHA day, Saturday April 5, 2008 11:00 AM at the High Market Inn in Tug Hill, NY.

Here is a map from the High Market website:

http://www.highmarketsports.com/map.htm

We invite everyone looking to squeeze some extra handling and performance out of their Yamaha to stop by. We will have our special Nytro ski system available for you to bolt on your own sled and try out.

PM us or visit our website with any questions. We hope to see many of you this weekend!

Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Back