• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo towing a Yamaha???!!!!

Budweiser said:
ranger1 said:
Yeaaa, 14.000 miles ya say, lets see what your ski poo looks like after that many miles , hahahahaha!
After towing the Yamaha you best check your primary clutch as they tend to blow up.....Do they not have a clutch problem,...Hmmm?
lol p.s stick to your own site if you have nothing good to say about our product!!!!!!

Easy Killer! Didn't I say I owned 1 for 17,000 miles??? And I have a lot of good to say about YOUR product. I've owned a SXR, Vector and Attak. And that's why I mentioned someone going to Quebec for over 20 years and NEVER having a Yamaha towed.

Touchy touchy! My intent was only to inform you high milers out there that this could happen and its an ender if your on a trip.

Peace...
Yo Budweiser, I did in fact take it the wrong way. Every so often we come across product bashers & that is something I don't put up with. Your post apparently was not intended to brag about towing the Yamaha.
Please accept my sincere apology!

No problem! And I kinda was bragging about towing a Yamaha, it never happens! I was really surprised the other Yamaha riders in our group let me do it! Our goal on all bagger trips is take a picture of all misfortunes!

And a questions if anyone knows...What causes the stator to fail? We asked the dealer and they didn't know. And is there anyway to prevent this?

A machine is a machine is a machine. They all break down; they all get towed. My '06 Attak left me in the pooper in a real bad spot in Northern Ontario long ago. It is what it is.......

Budweiser said:
No problem! And I kinda was bragging about towing a Yamaha, it never happens! I was really surprised the other Yamaha riders in our group let me do it! Our goal on all bagger trips is take a picture of all misfortunes!

And a questions if anyone knows...What causes the stator to fail? We asked the dealer and they didn't know. And is there anyway to prevent this?
I hear where your coming from as a few years back a buddy of ours blew up his Cat ( the owner was all about Cat, I think he even bled green!! lol) & all the "non" Cat guys wanted to have the honours of towing him back,lol!
Went riding with a friend who just bought the 1200 Doo 4stroke, I was very impressed with it, awesome machine!

Its got to happen that a Yamaha will get towed lucky for us it just does not happen as often as the others. The sturdier heavier way a yamaha is first engineered then built is why they dont get towed as often and most of the time doing the towing. Take the reverse handle mechanism for instance way overbuilt for the job it needs to do it could totally be built out of aluminuum be just as reliable and dropping two pounds right there.

Looks to me the moral of the story is that old Apex's with over 14,000 miles should stay out of Quebec as the may lose their Stator.

:yam: except old high mileage ones ridden in Quebec.

And a questions if anyone knows...What causes the stator to fail? We asked the dealer and they didn't know. And is there anyway to prevent this?[/quote] I have heard that the starter sticking can do it. Did he have a starter saver on it or not.

robert327 said:
we were almost home last sunday i was on my apex and my buddy on his new doo 1200 gsx blew his clutch and skidoo wont warranty it

New, as in a 2013 or new to him?

Was any reason given why Doo won't warranty it?

robert327 said:
they said its because of natural wear and tear

:rofl:
How many miles were on it?

Back