• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo versis apex

apex yooper

Expert
OK confess. Are you the ones that are getting beat bad by Doos?

I was unloading about noon, and noticed 2 Doos loading up to leave. I went over and asked why they were leaving. They had a new yellow 1000 renagade that had blown a new motor. I should have asked if this was a new sled with original motor, or one that had blown a second time. The guy asked about my Apex, and I mentioned that I run even with 1000 Zs. You would have thought I said I could fly. They laughed me off, and said the not only does he blow away Apexs, but his buddies 800 gade does the same. I drive away from the 800s.

Are you guys being beat by these guys?

He also said the only reason they blow belts is because of the heat produced by the awsome 175 HP.

Attachments

• ApexCamGear.pdf
    91 KB · Views: 96

apex yooper said:
OK confess. Are you the ones that are getting beat bad by Doos?

I was unloading about noon, and noticed 2 Doos loading up to leave. I went over and asked why they were leaving. They had a new yellow 1000 renagade that had blown a new motor. I should have asked if this was a new sled with original motor, or one that had blown a second time. The guy asked about my Apex, and I mentioned that I run even with 1000 Zs. You would have thought I said I could fly. They laughed me off, and said the not only does he blow away Apexs, but his buddies 800 gade does the same. I drive away from the 800s.

Are you guys being beat by these guys?

He also said the only reason they blow belts is because of the heat produced by the awsome 175 HP.

i have had two race's with machz1000 and gade 1000, out of the 4 race's we had, i won 2 lost 2...

but after saying that, it was on the assiniboine river and tracktion was a issue for all of us...

i have raced 5 or 6 800 gade's not sure what year... about 70mph they could not hang with me. i pulled away.

hope this helps...

07 apex rtx bone bone stock.

You were the one that should have been laughing, his motor was blown :4STroke:
If their 175 HP blows their belts what happens to our 300 plus HP Blown sled belts then :ORC

All depends on how far your racing???? If I'm running 500-750' i'm as quick as or quicker than most... but if the MachZ has room to stretch out 1200' plus they will roll right on by.

Most 800 pt,s are beatable but we got 1 friggin renegade 800 pt in our group that is a freak. It top ends all the 800 shorties & clobbers another buds 800 renegade with dynamo joe clutching, gearing & head mod! He runs neck & neck with my attak for 1000'. Never ran longer then that! A good running mach z just drives away.

Timely topic.I was sitting at Island lake in northern N.B. with 2 buddies. I finally had my break in period completed so when he started chirping we decided to go down to the lake & see. He was use to my RX-1 spinning the track. The lake is about 650 yards & he figured he would be able to beat my attak out of the hole. He was very suprised the first time (also my 1st time ever taking it out - I had 540km on it) as I took him out of the hole & pulled away from there. The next time the other guy on a 600SDI Rev wanted to go as well (his Dad use to work for ski-doo), this time it was a much more dominant beating, neither wanted to bother trying again. I am not yet studded & both of them were center studded. I was very pleased with the hook up & the acceleration. :jump:

Turk said:
Most 800 pt,s are beatable but we got 1 friggin renegade 800 pt in our group that is a freak. It top ends all the 800 shorties & clobbers another buds 800 renegade with dynamo joe clutching, gearing & head mod! He runs neck & neck with my attak for 1000'. Never ran longer then that! A good running mach z just drives away.

Turk have you ridden that doo with joes setup? Personally Im not much of a fan, he gave me a helix to try and quite honestly no matter what I tried a "conventional" ski doo setup always pulls more top end. IMO his setup runs hard till about 3/4 shift and then falls flat. Its a great corner to corner setup but not a lake runner IMO. Ive heard hes made some changes to the helixes so maybe thats been cured.

I took down a Gade1000 3out of 4 races last weekend. To be fair, it was a short run, 400ft or so, but he wasnt gaining anything. He also go's about 300lb's. Im running a Viper S with a Cat skid, 48/40 advantage helix and green spring. Everything else stock( oh, almost forgot, I cut the windy down! Maybe thats why I beat him!!lol)

I know someone who has a Good running Mach Z with a clutch kit.. and 250studs..

My buddys modded F7 can stay ahead of him till the 1000 foot mark and then he says the mach goes by him like he is standing still..

Its all up to the tuner guys..... One thing for sure.. You will never get a Mach Z or 800PT owner to admit they have been beat..

i run a machz today,2 runs on descent rrbed stretch about 1/2 mile long,we run rolling start both times from around 30 mph,he had the better side on the first run and stretched me about 20 sled lengths,on the way back i had the better side and he only pulled me about 8-10 lengths,not sure what mods he has but he has a 14" wide track and its only 1 inch lug,no studs,he told me that nothing has beat him yet and that i would probably beat everything that he has raced including an f1000 with all the mods that he smoked the other day,we will try it again when the trails get better,i could only get 129 on dreameter on first run and 130 on 2nd run,have seen 134 before,so im gonna check it over,stock belt with 3560 miles and i havent cleaned my clutches all season ,might try a dayco like everyone says ,who knows huh,all i need is a few mph more so might be worth a try

after we had run,we stopped and talked and he siad he could hear my intake over his sled once he got out in front of me a little ,i do have a mod to my airbox but never noticed the noise myself,that sled has a wicked strong midrange,i think he only pulled me a few lengths after 120 on my speedo so i'll be running him again for sure ,from a dead stop and from say100 on just to see where he is the strongest,i cant weait to get out with all the other sleds he has run jus to see ,he is the one to beat in aroostook county and although i didnt beat him,he said i was the best yet,not bad for stock motor and a few little tweaks huh

Being 280 lbs (eat everything diet hasn'rt worked) I don't expect to beat much of anthing in the 150 +hp ratings. But I don't think if I was 180 lbs I would beat a well set up mach Z? Maybe till 100 but after that they should be able to walk away after that.

But if I had a guy laugh at me while he was loading a "blown" sled bragging how much he could beat me, I think I would have had a pretty good chuckle at his expense. What a tool!

ya i hear that,the local doo dealer was talking trash the other day when i was getting some parts for my kids f111 til i brought up the fact he put 5 sets of pistons in his 06 ranegade,i hate guys like that but he knows the deal

MyOutdoors said:
Being 280 lbs (eat everything diet hasn'rt worked) I don't expect to beat much of anthing in the 150 +hp ratings. But I don't think if I was 180 lbs I would beat a well set up mach Z? Maybe till 100 but after that they should be able to walk away after that.

But if I had a guy laugh at me while he was loading a "blown" sled bragging how much he could beat me, I think I would have had a pretty good chuckle at his expense. What a tool!

Well said!

TT; my buds dynamo joe kit hits good rpm,s but just doesn,t go anywhere. even before mods this one freaky renegade was evil fast. I know the guy well & it is bone stock. He can let a 800 pt shortie start 1st & he can still reel him in.Also 1000 renegades in my area just don,t run like the shorties; even with good tuning!

Back