• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dreaded SUSPENSION!!!

Kraze3

Veteran
Sorry to bring this up again....

Alright this is the thing. I weigh 175, ride an 08 Nytro RTX. Having a really hard time with the decelaration. This thing is ALL over the place. Just put some C&A Pro Razors on it and gonna be studding it this weekend and putting in the Drag & Fly kit. Not one to play with the settings, but gotta set it up for riding. Rode like this all last year and fed up. Somebody help me please. Just need a close suspension setup for my weight. Thanks.

You should still shim the skis in the back part of the rubbers, i had to put 2 pieces of track making it like a 1/2 inch higher in the back part of the rubber, it was a very tight fit, but it took away the darting, next try 50 psi in the floats if you have the rtx, and in the rear skid you can take some ski presure off by turning the front shock in the rear skid upwords, what i mean is unlock the locking nut and twist the shock upword, aproximatly 1 inch, this will take some ski pressure off,and leave the front straps in the stock holes, you don't want to take away from your ride. you want some of the ski pressure off of the front and still need the front end to float across the snow, this set up is perfect for trail and ditch banging, since the front end and skis are so aggressive, these are the things that need to be done, as for the skid settings, im not sure on how stiff or soft you need the susspension for your weight but this front end trick is #1 in my testing, i tried the sucking down the front end and putting 45 psi in the front but it is just to harsh if you rid across a lake and you hit rutts, to dangerous for me i like my front end up a little and still able to turn. With my set up you'll love the way the front end reacts, also make sure you have your skis toed out 1/4 inch. Good luck and happy trails :Rockon:

Kraze3 said:

Alright this is the thing. I weigh 175, ride an 08 Nytro RTX. Having a really hard time with the decelaration. This thing is ALL over the place. Just put some C&A Pro Razors on it and gonna be studding it this weekend and putting in the Drag & Fly kit. Not one to play with the settings, but gotta set it up for riding. Rode like this all last year and fed up. Somebody help me please. Just need a close suspension setup for my weight. Thanks.

The worse thing you can do to an 08 Nytro is put aggressive ski's on it! That just makes the front more twitchy and over responsive. What Yamaha did to the 09 Nytro's was make the front end less responsive and more predictable. I put Pilot ski's with the two carbides on My Wife's Nytro and while it May push at times in certain conditions the front end steers very light and there is no darting or hunting anymore. I just don't understand why so many 08 Nytro owners go with agrressive ski's when what the sled needs is a LESS AGGRESSIVE ski? :o|

jds1000 said:
Kraze3 said:

The worse thing you can do to an 08 Nytro is put aggressive ski's on it! That just makes the front more twitchy and over responsive. What Yamaha did to the 09 Nytro's was make the front end less responsive and more predictable. I put Pilot ski's with the two carbides on My Wife's Nytro and while it May push at times in certain conditions the front end steers very light and there is no darting or hunting anymore. I just don't understand why so many 08 Nytro owners go with agrressive ski's when what the sled needs is a LESS AGGRESSIVE ski? :o|

I installed Slydog Race skis on mine with 6" carbides, and although it's heavier to steer, I have yet to feel a sled come anywhere remotely close to this ON RAILS feeling as with my sled. :Rockon:

Went riding today. Gonna have to try what kingedwards said cause this thing is just dangerous on the lake with these skis and 6" carbides. I actually had to drive about 40 mph so I could keep this thing under control.

You may want to check you toe on the skis, they should be 3/8 to 1/2 inch toe OUT. that will also have an effect on these big time.

Kraze3 said:
Went riding today. Gonna have to try what kingedwards said cause this thing is just dangerous on the lake with these skis and 6" carbides. I actually had to drive about 40 mph so I could keep this thing under control.

If I were you I would call Ross at Hygear. When I talked to him he said that pulling the REAR limiter strap down one hole is a huge help. Leave the front one in the stock position. Go to www.hygearsuspension.com and do some reading. There is a pdf file with lots of info in it.

I also tightened the front spring considerably, although i tightened up the front strap by 2 holes and rear by 1 hole. Tightening up the front made a hugh difference in my sled. Previously the rear seemed to kick up "donkey kick" and going over studder bumps was exhausting. Previously to this i kept the front spring very loose as everybody kept saying but could never get it to ride smooth. i just installed pilot skis for easier steering but havent tried them yet

Back