• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DRIVE SHAFT BEARING

VT.RX1

Extreme
ALL, i brought my sled (04RX1)in to have the W-arm replaced(2nd one) and center idler wheel bearing (4th one),looked things over while the skid was out. i was not surprised to see i had to replace all bushings in the skid(i think there were 12). i was surprised however that the drive shaft bearing was spent. i have 8,915 miles on but people may want to check these parts. also, i really like the ripsaw track as far as performance, however, the track is in very poor condition. the track on the 03 RX1 i had looked better with over 10,000 miles.

YES, approx. 1qt every 1000 miles started about 5500 miles with the 04 and about the same amount wiyh the 03 starting about 3000 miles

JUSTIN, i am assuming the "common problem" is the breaking the W-ARM. Yamaha says it can only happen if the sususpension is setup wrong(BS).The first one was covered but they will not cover the 2nd,or the bushings and bearing. I will most likely have 11500-12000 miles .

Wish i had the time to ride that many miles in a season. Maybe in a few years.

I rode my 2003 rx-1 4k and will ride my warrior about the same.

They will not cover the bearing?
Why not it's not your fault it failed.

I have yet to crack w-arm that i know of but have not looked or thawed it out latley.

Good luck and post a report when you break 10k

You plan on buying a 2005 rx-1.

VT.RX1 said:
JUSTIN, i am assuming the "common problem" is the breaking the W-ARM. Yamaha says it can only happen if the sususpension is setup wrong(BS).The first one was covered but they will not cover the 2nd,or the bushings and bearing. I will most likely have 11500-12000 miles .

VT.RX1. 11500-12000 ????
I bow at your ski tips ! That is something incredible. I'm thinking if that's all the problems you've had, you have done well. I think it's safe to say there are very few brands out there that will ever see those digits turn over on their speedo ! :shock:
Keep the shiny side up !

G-Man, VT.RX1 IS a bit of a celeb round here....

He's the guy they featured last year in SnowTech who did 10,000 miles on his 03' He is a very lucky man to put that many miles on a sled year after year.

Keep up the great reporting VT... and have a great, safe season.

6065 miles my speedo quit, :cry: axle shaft bearing gone,i was in matane quebec,took it to the dealer there and they replaced bearing under my extended warr :) ,went another 300 miles to get home and took sled into local dealer and 1100 dollars later i got it back all under warr,seat cover,jackshaft bearing,welded bulkhead crack and speedo sensor,would not cover spindle bushings that are shot or the tie rod ends,lots of play there making it stagger bad but i'll get to that sometime,new seat cover didnt stop water from getting into foam and after another 700 miles of seat time its wrinkling bad right where i sit :cry: i wonder what they will do about that now,05 seat i hope but doubt it,10000 miles is awesome,i just hit 3000 for this year today but another month of riding left here in aroostook county i hope

Back