• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dropping the OFSC

Creeksider

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Phazer
After years of buying passes, 3 lousy seasons in a row and total disatiffaction with the above mentioned. I can't get over the fact that OFSC passes can be only purchased online now versus buying at a local club or vendor. Forced to pay a handling fee on top of an overpriced pass is ridiculous. The final nail in the coffin was last year in Feb. a few days after a 12+ in. snowfall, all trails were marked green in the sites trail conditions. I rode over 300 kms that day of rough, beaten trails. NOT A SINGLE MILE GROOMED out of the entire journey.

So I decided to Register my sled in NY. Going to give it a try this year. Even with the exchange, it's about $60 less and they probably groom the trails there.

IMO, snowmobiling in Ontario is dying a slow death because of the OFSC, not the weather.

The OFSC needs to be eliminated. I would like to see a province sponsored system like NY, VT, MN and QC.
Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon, and that's why my $ is going somewhere else.

Back