• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dual Fan Setup For Radiator

I've got a friend with a Nytro that says he is in, please contact me when it is available.

Any production updates?

Spent the morning pulling my test set up off and finalizing this product. I got all components on order. I may have kits ready to ship by the end of next week.

Complete kit will retail for $125.

Complete kits minus the fan will be $95.

The fan required can be from any 06-16 apex, or 10-16 vector.

Both kits include plate, and all mounting hardware needed to install. The kit will work with the stock steering post orientation. A steering relocate is not needed.

At this time I don't think the kit will work with a trail tank. I will confirm next week once I get the components in hand.

Spent the morning pulling my test set up off and finalizing this product. I got all components on order. I may have kits ready to ship by the end of next week.

Complete kit will retail for $125.

Complete kits minus the fan will be $95.

The fan required can be from any 06-16 apex, or 10-16 vector.

Both kits include plate, and all mounting hardware needed to install. The kit will work with the stock steering post orientation. A steering relocate is not needed.

At this time I don't think the kit will work with a trail tank. I will confirm next week once I get the components in hand.

Sounds good, I'm on board for a $125 kit

Did my final fit up with the hardware and the kit went together perfect. They only thing I'm waiting on now is the wire lead for tying in the apex fan. They did arrive, but I mixed up the plug end that I needed on them. Should have the correct ones next week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
All parts are now in stock. I've sent a few pms to those that expressed interest in the product.

Couple things to note. The Radiator does not need to be removed nor do any hoses disconnected for the plate to be installed. You will need to remove seat & plastics etc to get gas tank off.

This product will most likely not work with a trail tank. If you have a steering relocate then the kit will work, however you will need additional spacers to bump radiator forward.

What is the benefits of this system? My Nytro has never had any cooling issue while riding. Only time coolant light comes on is if I let it sit and idle for a while. I always shut the sled off when waiting for others or taking a pits stop. I only trail ride my Nytro.

In hard pack conditions with minimal snow dust the nytros tend to have issues with overheating. We tested the dual fan set up this past February on hardpack ice trails for half a day. I couldn't ride the nytro with just the stock fan. With both fans running I was able to ride the sled with out an overheat light. I've also had trouble with my nytro overheating if I am breaking trail off trail in the woods at slow speeds. I'm extremely cautious when off beaten path and when there is not much track speed there isn't a lot snow hitting the front cooler.

Just finished up the install instructions for these kits. It can be installed with radiator in place. You don't have to drain coolant and make a mess! ha.

Attachments

• Dual Fan Install Instructions R0.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 332
Been getting a lot of questions lately about whether this product is better than a tunnel cooler.

Tunnel coolers work very well. The downfall with a tunnel cooler is that it's most effective when there is adequate snow dust. In all my experiences the nytros run hot when trails are hardpacked/icey with minimal snow dust. The dual fan kit is effective regardless of snow conditions. The extra fan pulls more cfm of cold air through the radiator to dissipate heat. The dual fan kit is also very effective at slow speeds when there is not much track velocity to throw the snow onto the coolers.

Bring this back to life again for exposure. I keep seeing posts for tunnel coolers but for marginal conditions I think the dual fan is better way to go! ;)!

A friend put this on his nytro after overheating in low snow, works great. I wish I had one for my sidewinder. I overheat in low snow, he doesn't.

Back