• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont Sliders for 2003 RX1?

NLP_SLED_GUY

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SkiDoo GT-L 600R
2005 RS Rage
2003 RX1
1980 Arctic Cat Panther
I burnt thru a set of standard slides in about 500 miles. It's extended to 136 and has the low snow wheels. Track was set with the tension gauges to the loose side of the factory specs. To my surprise they are almost run thru. My 137 Doo has the Dupont slides and ran everywhere the RX1 was this year. It's slides are 3 years old and have no visible wear.

Time to spend the money for the RX1. But, I'm not finding any part number matches for the older sleds. Is there a newer sled that has slides compatible with the 03-05 RX1?

Thanks,

I burnt thru a set of standard slides in about 500 miles. It's extended to 136 and has the low snow wheels. Track was set with the tension gauges to the loose side of the factory specs. To my surprise they are almost run thru. My 137 Doo has the Dupont slides and ran everywhere the RX1 was this year. It's slides are 3 years old and have no visible wear.

Time to spend the money for the RX1. But, I'm not finding any part number matches for the older sleds. Is there a newer sled that has slides compatible with the 03-05 RX1?

Thanks,

Should be the same as the Apex.

I got 4000 kms out of my cheapy Yamaha sliders this year. Still above the wear line. Maybe worth running some scratchers.

Absolutely. I normally do run them on my Doo. I did add the devices on the sleds flexi skis from Simmons. They make a good cloud, but the need more snow than scratchers.

Any recommendations on scratchers for an RX1?

As for the DuPont slides, I found them for the Apex and that whole line of Yamahas 05-10 but when it came to the RX1 only the 05 was listed. So I checked parts lookups on line. The 03 RX1 and the 05 RX1 had different part numbers for sliders. Anything to this or will the 05s work?

I’m still not not totally convinced I’ll use the DuPonts. But they are easy to change and I till next season to figure it out. I still have my other sled to check over as well.

Thanks!

03-04 RX-1's came with the ProAction suspension whereas the 05 was the first year of the Mono.

Although the suspensions are different between the 04 & 05 RX-1's, it appears Yamaha used the same slider/hyfax profile on the RX-1s as they did on the Apex's so the ones you found should work.

i used apex mtx slides on my war a few times before we figured out the slide wear on it. i just cut them with a hacksaw with them on the rails.

just order the apex ltx ones and you should be fine. if you want the inserts further to back, order for apex xtx and cut to fit.

Back