• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine possibilities

NASTY

Since the 80 HP Phazer engine is two 250f motorcycle engines put together.....

why not two of the WR450F engines put together or the 700 raptor engine

I'm sure yammi, has thought of nearly every idea we come up with and some that we can't even fathom.
So rest assured, the reason yammi engineers make big bucks
is cause they come up with the best ideas... Personally I can't wait till next years line up, because if it spanks the current phazer, that means I can pick up an 07 phazer for my GF... cheap.

I dunno, ever after seeing the new race sled with an triple i still think they will go with a lrager twin for some reason... They probaby just can not get a twin to rev slow enough so that it doesn't need gear reduction for WSA so they just jammed the tripple in there

well does someone make another 'drop-in' engine for it, sat speedwerx or hartman or something

I'm thinking the phazer wiil stay the same and the vector/nytro will change this year seems it's on there 3 year cycle. maybe a nytro fx. fx chassis with genesis 120 engine.

It will be a phazer chasis with a fuel injected genesis 130 motor. Its going to be the vector motor bumped up to 130 hp. The vector motor was deve;oped specifically for sleds and they arent gonna get ride of it after just 3 years. Besides it is one sweet motor!

i think they stay with the 80 h.p., but someone will come out with some engine mod's, porting timing key, etc to boost the h.p. another 5-10 h.p.

The Other Possibility is to just add another Jug to the 500 to get a 750 Triple, you could spin it silly high 12-13,000 use more gear reduction, giving you an easy 90ft-lbs at the Primary and 130hp no problem. It's got to be lighter than the Vector Motor, and much higher technolgy. I like the Vector Motor, but it's slow to rev and more suited to Touring Sleds.

I love the G80 , would take alot for me to switch away from it. Power and mileage is good for me, can't wait to do an intake/exhaust and a cam, when stuff with good gains comes out.

-Steve

Fact of the matter is until yamaha makes a lightweight 4 stroke that has 140 hp in the phazer chassis and gets more miles to a tank than the rev they are loosing the race. Ive been pro yamaha for 10 years. Im buying a new sled after this season and if yamaha cant come out with a 140 hp ditch banger under 500lbs im going yellow. Trust me I hate to say it but im sick of wating for somthing to beat the rev this is my last year waiting. If yamaha cant atleast match the rev in fuel economy and miles per tank with the apex they should move on. Although yamaha has done well these past few years dont kid yourself they are not number 1. Number 1 in my book is the most power to weight, great fuel econmy, relibilty,miles on a tank, warrenty,and handeling in the bumps and as far as im concerned yamaha is only number 1 in relibility. Rember I am yamaha to the back bone and many readers may not like what I say, but its true.Yamaha must make a 140 hp sled thats under 500lbs thats getting more miles to a tank of gas than a rev. If not second place is the first looser and that is a fact. :ORC

^^^

I see your point but I don't entirely agree.

The 07 Phazer gets as good or better mileage then the MXZ 600 SDI. I've seen as high as 20mpg, and the best my father inlaws GSX has seen is 17.5 mpg. The Phazer includes electric start and reverse, weighs as much or lighter, and costs a few thousand less. I can sacrifice some HP to save that kind of money and still maintain the other options. Not to mention I get the radical design and 16" suspension, meet all EPA requirements (Can go riding in Yellowstone), annnnd Im still on cutting edge HO 500cc 4-stroke yammy.

:yam:

IMHO,

-Steve

Auskins said:
I dunno, ever after seeing the new race sled with an triple i still think they will go with a lrager twin for some reason... They probaby just can not get a twin to rev slow enough so that it doesn't need gear reduction for WSA so they just jammed the tripple in there

I tend to share that same theory. However, I can see why Yamaha chose to shoe-horn the 3 in an FX too.

Back