• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Erratic speedometer reading

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
Speedometer will read around 6 or 8 mph when going like 50 mph. Sometimes it will read correct and other times it will read 156mph.
Also put Speedometer display on my tablet with the same readings.
Sensor is still attached to chaincase cover and connector is seated all the way.
Anybody seen this before?

Speedometer will read around 6 or 8 mph when going like 50 mph. Sometimes it will read correct and other times it will read 156mph.
Also put Speedometer display on my tablet with the same readings.
Sensor is still attached to chaincase cover and connector is seated all the way.
Anybody seen this before?
I'd be checking to see how much metal is piled up on the magnets in that plug on the end of the track shaft.

I'd be checking to see how much metal is piled up on the magnets in that plug on the end of the track shaft.

Thats what I was thinking.
Maybe I'll hook up my meter to the sensor and run it on the stand and see if its funky before I pull it apart.
I had it opened up for service and inspection about 400 miles ago.

Well after getting sled in a heated garage and thawed out I found my issue after about 3 and one half minutes.
Connector to sensor was plugged in part way or just enough to hold the two together.
Reconnected and all is good.
Some days are better than others I guess!

Back