• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error code 81 - melted yellow wire connector

strommin mn

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Vector
Last ride I encountered an error 81 and flashing engine light. Shut machine down and restart and it goes away for a while. Had to do this a half dozen times in about 10 miles to get home. It actually seemed to bog the machine is how I first noticed the problem. Digging thru the posts lead me to a potential problem with the yellow wire connector taped to the large batch of wires that runs behind the radiator. Does anyone have a part # for the updated part or is there another way I can handle this fix? It appears to be confined to one wire on the back of the connector. Appreciate your experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 631

It is a known issue with a technical bulletin on it. Part numbers should be in there but personally, I'd just cut that connector off, run a second ground wire and split them in half soldered. That's basically what the bulletin says to do except with actual connectors.

Also check the ground connector from the battery. It's basically a spade connector and had gone flaky on my son's 07 and throwing a code.

It is a known issue with a technical bulletin on it. Part numbers should be in there but personally, I'd just cut that connector off, run a second ground wire and split them in half soldered. That's basically what the bulletin says to do except with actual connectors.

Also check the ground connector from the battery. It's basically a spade connector and had gone flaky on my son's 07 and throwing a code.
So all these wires are just ground wires? Where would I search for the technical bulletin?

maybe this?

Back