• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell exhaust available now

Status
Not open for further replies.
in most cases just running a race fuel won't give you better performance. I haven't run at elevations like that or oxygenated fuel so I can't help there. I know fuels like VPs U4 will improve performance, but they are pricey. You need to watch the octane and everything else. Under the turbo/supercharge topic there is lots of good info on fuel I believe.

If you're looking for extra hp, and I assume you don't want to go the turbo route, have you considered nos?

Havent really thought of NOS yet. I have used the VP in my 4 stroke dirt bike and there is a noticeable performance gain at high altitude. I guess I need to talk to a VP rep for some more info.

gabe7924 said:
I think that the MBRP will be a better pipe because they are a real exhaust company with lots of resources.
There's more behind the Excell exhaust than you realize.

gabe7924 said:
I've talked to Excell. I am sorry, but I don't see any incredible craftmanship to make this pipe worth 550.00. It doesn't even have a complete header. It doesnt look any better than the 60.00 homemade pipes that have been on here. I think that the MBRP will be a better pipe because they are a real exhaust company with lots of resources. I just want to hear some real feedback on this Excell pipe before I think about dropping 550.00 PLUS shipping. Thanks

Let me correct you on a couple things. A. If it were a matter of just hacking off the pipe and putting a silencer on they'd have been released months ago by several companies. B. "Doing it yourself" unless you really know what you're doing will most likely result in less hp. C. You don't have first hand knowledge of the pipe, that much is obvious, so making assumptions about it is useless. You know what they say when you "assume."

And finally, the quality product that he put out last year for the Apex shows how he pays attention to detail. He backs his product and if something doesn't work he won't make it and sell it. If you don't get gains he doesn't market it. His pipe last year was proven to make gains, this one will be no different.

Yaminator, All I said was it LOOKED like one of the home jobs. I have not ASSUMED anything. Your second paragraph is the kind of first hand knowledge I am looking for. I am glad to her Excell has a good product from someone who has one. But thank you for trying to set me straight.

Its alot of money, but you get what you pay for. Custom made high quality exhaust! As mentioned befor, there is alot more to a pipe than cutting one off and bolting one on. It takes a dyno and testing to make a pipe with a real gain where you need it. Performance cost money and a persons time is worth something. Build a pipe, Dyno test it and market it with real world results and the tell us what you would sell it for. I am stating this for any after market parts. If its high quality, works and gives you the performance promised than it is worth the price.

Real performance cost!

Just my 2 cents ;)!

Thanks oak hill, I just havent had experience with Excell. I know that it takes a lot of time and money to develop a good pipe. I just wanted to hear what people had to say about Excell pipes.

gabe7924, have you tried cutting the VP with 93 or 94 octaine. We race Apex's here in MI. and they run just fine. There is a guy that we buy our race fuel from. He said, that if you have a stock 4 stroke motor, you can make more HP, by cutting your fuel ( 112-114 with 93-94 octaine ) as long as the motor is stock. Now if the motor has some motor work done to it, then you shoud run strate race fuel. He had a dyno and tested all the fuels and that is what he said worked the best on a stock motor. That is what we have been running in our RX-1's/Apex's since 03 and they run great.

Racer269 said:
I dont think so..I can do a titanium one for less money..lighter and it wont rust. $550 is a lot of coin for just a muffler and short pipe!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T THINK SO? YOU DON'T HAVE THE $$$ OR YOU BUILD A BETTER EXHAUST? EXCELL BUILD QUALITY PRODUCTS, ALOT OF $$$ GOES INTO IT, NOT JUST GO TO THE AUTO PARTS STORE AND HACK ONE OUT, I BOUGHT IT FOR A COUPLE OF REASON, FIRST I KNOW IT WILL LAST AND 2ND, I KNOW AARON WILL BACK IT, IT'S WORTH IT ;)!

Here's a 1/2 Excell, 1/2 home made. Loud as HE #$%&* #$%&* , not for trail use.

Attachments

• S3600046.jpg
    S3600046.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back