• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust donuts

Fast Lane

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Nytro ER
Is there any preferred donut replacements? Yamaha or I see there is lots of knock off copper donuts. I have a slight exhaust leak. This will be the first time they have been replaced. 7200 kms on them.

Is there any preferred donut replacements? Yamaha or I see there is lots of knock off copper donuts. I have a slight exhaust leak. This will be the first time they have been replaced. 7200 kms on them.

Get GENUINE coppers from a reputable source. If they are less than $50-60 for 3 they are PiecesOfShit.

I made the mistake of buying the $25 knock offs and they don't fit!! The ID is couple thousandths small and Lord only knows the OD assuming they woulda even went on the headers.

Bottom line.... don't cheap out like me. It's only gonna cost ya more in the long run.

What’s bout the new updated donuts from Yamaha? Are they any good? I just spoke to the dealer and they don’t sell the copper ones but said Yamaha did update the donut.

Buy the Yamaha ones. You will get another 7k out of them and they will fit properly.

I ordered some Yamaha ones. They claim they are better than the original ones installed.

What year did Yamaha update the donuts?

No idea. That’s what they told me on the phone. The new donuts should be here next week. I’ll have to live with the exhaust leak for a bit.

Back