• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust doughnuts?

my 08 fx Nytro's exhaust doughnuts are making quite a racket? My warranty is up and I am not sure if there was a bulletin on these either? Has anyone replaced them or should I try my dealer and see if he will cover them. Also if it is my expense whats the damage to my wallet? Please advise. Other then that this machine rocks!! :Rockon:

I had some of my buddies help me replace mine. It wasn't bad to do at all. I don't think there is a bulleting out. I can't remember the cost, but I think it was around 50-70. These should probably be replaced every year. You should probably replace the clamps when you do the donuts.

CJW said:
Are you sure its the doughnuts?
I am almost definate. I know the clutch is noisy but this is a rattle that is coming from under the sled. I had the seat 0ff a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't as loud as it now. it sounds like something is loose in a tin can. You can hear it over the clutch though. Very annoying. I wish the clutch was quieter, but I do not want to hamper w/ the performance of the stock clutch. Anything I own I do not like rattles, vibration or any lights flashing me in the face. I need to fix it ASAP.

I had the same thing last year. If I'm not mistaken, when the dealer fixed it they said it was just the clamps had come loose. I'd check that first.

scottydog1 said:
my 08 fx Nytro's exhaust doughnuts are making quite a racket? My warranty is up and I am not sure if there was a bulletin on these either? Has anyone replaced them or should I try my dealer and see if he will cover them. Also if it is my expense whats the damage to my wallet? Please advise. Other then that this machine rocks!! :Rockon:

How many miles are on your sled? My brothers has 2300 miles and his just started making noise last night. I may take a peek at his this weekend if it rains here, as the weather is calling for right now...............

rrxx-1 said:
scottydog1 said:

How many miles are on your sled? My brothers has 2300 miles and his just started making noise last night. I may take a peek at his this weekend if it rains here, as the weather is calling for right now...............
I have 2800 miles on my sled. I took off the clamps and 1 doughnut was O.K the ther 2 were pretty much gone. My dealer told me to remove the spacer which limits the clamping pressure. Take a pair of vice grips and just break off the spacer. I have to get some new doughnuts today. The rattling sound is the clamps which hold the pipes together @ the doughnut. Basically when your doughnuts start going or gone the flex pipe will rattle in the clamp. I really can't complain though. If I was on a 2 -smoke I would have probably started redoing the top end on it? Which is a little more difficult then Replacing the Dunkin Doughnuts!!

Do the nytros have the same problem as the Apex's with pipe & doughnuts?
I see Bender doesn't have replacement stuff for the nytros like they do for the Apex/Attak.

In my case it was once the sled got up to operating temperature. It wasn't there when started cold but after the red light went out or a few miles thereafter, the racket would start.

One of the peices of aluminum was rattling on mine the rivets came loose and my exhaust donuts were also worn out. They did them under warranty but yamaha said they were a maintanance item and this is a one shot deal. They put new rivets in as well and it is all good.

Back