• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust rattle noise? 03 rx1

rxbrent

Veteran
I'm getting an annoying rattle in my exhaust but can't pinpoint it. I already removed the heat shields. It does'nt do it until the sled is all warmed up. anybody have any idea's where to look? It seems to be coming from up by the bulkhead. thanks for any help

sounds like a loose baffle in the muffler.

You should just sell it or trade it! The things SLOW! anyway! :jump:

I'll trade you my wife straight up! :tg:

If NOT I hope you find your So.. So.. Problem! Which know one else in the world would HEAR! :o|

Hope this CHEERS :drink: you UP!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! :4STroke:

Terry :ORC

rattle

RX1wanted I already had your wife. lol Black1000 are the flex pipes visible from under the sled or in engine compartment? thanks for the help

The flex pipes are barely visible behind the motor. You have to remove some stuff to see. The screens on mine I removed and reinstalled with black silicone. the better but not perfect.

First of ALL! I HAD your wife FIRST :moon:

Second of ALL! My Wife said you DIDN'T PAY! :die

Third of ALL! My Wife also said you were the WORST she has EVER had! :ORC

So.... What do you have to SAY for yourself NOW! :o|

CyA! :Rockon:

Terry :nos

Just a thought. Donuts btw flex pipe and exahust might be leaking. Had them out on Wilson't machine they were all shot. Hard to disribe the noise or tattle coming from under the tunnel kind of like a clutch rattle. I am starting to hear a little of it wth my 04 RX1. I am going to check the flex pipe donuts. They are about $10.00 each. Take it for what it's worth.

Just pulled my exhaust apart to start on the turbo....the gaskets that attach the flex pipes to the exhaust were in bad shape....the two on the right side were completely shot.....Part # 8FA-14623-00-00 (for 03 Rx-1)
I have about 8800 miles on mine, but I have been suspicious of the leaking and vibrating since the start of last season....

Also I agree the heat shields under the tunnel have a tendency to come loose or just resonate at a certain rpm.....

JD

Yes…It’s a bit of work to get to…..But if they are leaking!!!....
It’s really not complicated at all…..The handlebars are the real pain….they have to come off to get the tank cover off…Make sure that, that is where the problem is before going in there…

JD

Those donuts are a pain in the but. With a riser you might get away without removing the handlebars, you might only have to lift the tank cover and spin it around so it is out of the way. That's what I did anyways. And yes the donuts were shot. You can tell they are gone when the clamps spin around loosly.

Back