• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust/track/shocks question

Getting a cheaper deal on a Power Commander is a bit useless for you. Pay a little extra & you will get a fuel map pre-loaded.

Call Allen @ Ulmer Racing. That's where I am getting mine from. Just tell him what mods you have & they do the rest, for fuel maps and clutching.

Have fun!

^YES...

well i was on ebay and they had a bunch of em cheap. lets just SAY i got a pipe with enough back pressure...would the power commander be usefull or no? why does the fuel need to be re-mapped? its just another pipe?

Do you understand it is illegal to modify your exhaust in NY? You can get a ticket even if it's not louder than stock.

Also, if you are trying to make your sled louder do you understand that it pisses off land owners? When they get pissed off trails get closed. We may wind up riding the same area. I don't want to lose trails because you were being selfish and wanted a bad #*$&@ sounding sled.

I doubt a quad pipe is going to be about the same volume as the stock pipe. Keeping in mind that doing this mod may screw other snowmobilers and cost you money in fines do you still want to do it?

Back prssure is bad. The more back pressure the harder it is on the engine. If you have no back pressure the enigne it will not operate efficently.
Put it like a 10 speed bike. Gear 10 you are pushing ver very hard gear 1 everything is to easy but you will not go fast.
The idea behind pipes is to make smoth exit to operate and preform better, some times just to loose LBS.
The less obsticals theat the exsast has to pass the less backpresser. So less bends, larger pipe, creats less backpresser. Stait pipe wil no muffler no back presser.
Power commander yes and no.
You have to know what you putting on the sled and what you wnat out of them.
Power- Power cammander, pipe
Noise-Pipe
Weight loss-pipe
cheap price-ify to say

RayKnobs said:
Do you understand it is illegal to modify your exhaust in NY? You can get a ticket even if it's not louder than stock.

Also, if you are trying to make your sled louder do you understand that it pisses off land owners? When they get pissed off trails get closed. We may wind up riding the same area. I don't want to lose trails because you were being selfish and wanted a bad #*$&@ sounding sled.

I doubt a quad pipe is going to be about the same volume as the stock pipe. Keeping in mind that doing this mod may screw other snowmobilers and cost you money in fines do you still want to do it?

well, mr debby downer...
1.if its illegal then how come when you ride up at tugg hill you see people with loud #*$&@ sleds and they have police on the trails up there so they must not enforce it.
2. just like my quad (since its real loud) when im around houses etc i take it easy...
3. its not going to be like a jaws can and be loud as #*$&@...
4. yes. i do i hate not being able to keep up with my buddies cause they all ride 600 cats and doos... so any little power i can get im going to take...
5. i dont ride at 2am so if i was brappin by a house they would only hear me for a bit...seeing there inside with windows shut...
i dont wanna start another fight on here or sound like an aerogant 16 year old, so try and look at it from my ppoint of view...

well, mr debby downer...

very mature, I didn't attack you, i thought my point was clear

1.if its illegal then how come when you ride up at tugg hill you see people with loud #*$&@ sleds and they have police on the trails up there so they must not enforce it.

They do enforce it, I have been through as many as 3 check points in one day. I have seen them lifting hoods, and giving tickets.

2. just like my quad (since its real loud) when im around houses etc i take it easy...

exactly, you are on private property. If you do this to your sled are you only going to circle your house? If you plan to never leave land that you personally own then go nuts, put a cherry bomb on it.

3. its not going to be like a jaws can and be loud as ****...

How do you know this? You just said your quad is "really loud"

4. yes. i do i hate not being able to keep up with my buddies cause they all ride 600 cats and doos... so any little power i can get im going to take...

You should be able to take them in the bumps, my last sled was a 600 rev. The phazer eats more bump than that rev could. If you wanted speed you should have got a nytro. If you want what you got to go faster start with traction and clutching.

5. i dont ride at 2am so if i was brappin by a house they would only hear me for a bit...seeing there inside with windows shut...

My two year old goes to bed at 8pm. If you wake him up every night that trail isn't going to be there next year for you to use.

i dont wanna start another fight on here or sound like an aerogant 16 year old, so try and look at it from my ppoint of view...

I am, and since you are 16 your point of view is a bit narrow. I am not saying this in a negative way. I am sure I was the same way when I was your age. This is a serious problem where I live. You have to decided what is more important, everyone use of that trail or your fun.

exactly, you are on private property. If you do this to your sled are you only going to circle your house? If you plan to never leave land that you personally own then go nuts, put a cherry bomb on it.

3. its not going to be like a jaws can and be loud as ****...

How do you know this? You just said your quad is "really loud"

You should be able to take them in the bumps, my last sled was a 600 rev. The phazer eats more bump than that rev could. If you wanted speed you should have got a nytro. If you want what you got to go faster start with traction and clutching.

no? we have local quad trails...we make them alot, but mostly powerline property...around tons of houses etc. i own 1/2 an acre. i can ride all the way out to a 30minute car drive distance on my quad...so its not just around my house... at all.

and my phazer isnt the FX its the base model. i got it when i was 13...at that age i just thought it looked cool... so it doesnt have the clicker shocks etc. i think im going to get them re-valved, i blew the rear shock last year up north cooking down a trail and hit a mougle doing about 60. same kid i was with smashed it and kept going. (hes got a crossfire 600 with fox floats) and now i wish i just got the 500ss and done tons of body mods to it to make it look like a racer... but my dad just thinks im un greatfull so im trying to get what i can out of my phazer... thats why. it was great when i was 13-14 but last winter and this winter i just wanted to drive it off a cliff. every bump it would bottom out, has no balls, heavy, and slow...

Havent you notced that it takes some getting use to. It does not handle like other sleds. You have to know how to drive it. But you do have a base model and that sucks right there.

Really I worked at a Polaris dealer for many years and rode pretty much everything they have offered since the Fusion to the Rush. My base Phazer is more fun than any of them. A few of friends have REV's they may out run me in fields but cant get away in the whooped out woods sections.

Bottom line the Phazer is the most fun I have ever had on a sled and at the cheapest cost of purchase and owning.

marpolsdofer said:
Havent you notced that it takes some getting use to. It does not handle like other sleds. You have to know how to drive it. But you do have a base model and that sucks right there.

oooo ok i gotcha. ya i can rip my phazer. it may just be me but my quad...sooooo sick, balls though out the rpms super stiff shocks, hooks up allll the time, i wish i could have that in my sled. im thinking about studding it, i like being about to slide round on lakes and stuff tho, and studds would suck when im off trail which is alot... but ya its fun, like the new rtx is gotta be a hoot to ride. my base i feel like im always wanting more from it.

how do you know it wont be like a jaws can?? my buddie has a cbr 600 pipe on his phazer that is much louder then a jaws can

07Nytro said:
how do you know it wont be like a jaws can?? my buddie has a cbr 600 pipe on his phazer that is much louder then a jaws can

i was saying (obv there 2 different cycles) but jaws are loud as #*$&@. thats what im saying, im not gunna have mine be super loud

Back