• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Upgrade

I have seen several on SW. This is what I went with.
Nytro002.jpg
[/img][/url]

I wonder how the carbon fiber pipes are gonna hold up in the cold weather, especially fluctuating in temps when it gets hot to cold and back again ?

Uzeste,

How difficult was it to make it fit ?

Errol

Has anyone given any real though to the effects of a slip-on? I would imagine it voids the warranty and backpressure could be a deffinite issue. 4-strokes need some backpressure to operate properly and I'm concerned the slip-ons might affect engine reliability? Or maybe I'm just overly concerned.

Most sport bikes get by on slip-on exhausts alone. I've never had a warranty issue on any 4-stroke with a slip on and K&N intake - street or dirt.

Yeah, no worries with a slip-on pipe. I'd say 90% of the sportbike gang around here have at least a slip-on on their bikes, some of us full race systems. It's basically just a sound boost with shorter cans and different baffles, not a lot gained really, 2hp at most and anywhere from 5-15 lb weight reduction. One sportbike exhaust brand to stay away from is D&D, wayyyy too loud !

Nikolai said:
Has anyone given any real though to the effects of a slip-on? I would imagine it voids the warranty and backpressure could be a deffinite issue. 4-strokes need some backpressure to operate properly and I'm concerned the slip-ons might affect engine reliability? Or maybe I'm just overly concerned.
i want something that has been tested,on my quad i didnt put a slip on i used a complete exhaust with a larger head pipe..i want the same with my sled..like what excell has done..sure its more $$ but has been tested and makes more power..huge diff on my quad

Just got the call, Super Q is in! pickin it up and puttin it on. Riding tommorow. I'll try to post a sound clip as soon as I can.

Back