• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

expensive phazers

oldphazer

Veteran
i live in nova scotia and have been checkin out used phazers on kijiji around here and new brunswick and the lowest price is 4500 for 07's
saw one with 10 000kms 07 for 5000 dollars or best offer
most dont mention anything about updates or anything thathas been fixed either
is this rediculous or what?
it seems to be
new ones are 11 grand or so
is this high?

Yeah, its pretty much the same deal here in Newfoundland. If there are semi- low kms, they want upwards of 6500 for an 08 fx model. Ridiculous compared to the states.

There are New 09's on NL Classifieds for 6100.00. I would never pay 11000 for a Phazer. I can get a Nytro or in some places an Apex for that.

Seems like they hold their value pretty well after the initial devaluation. Stay away from 07's though...unless you are a tinkerer.

PattyJack said:
Yeah, its pretty much the same deal here in Newfoundland. If there are semi- low kms, they want upwards of 6500 for an 08 fx model. Ridiculous compared to the states.

i figured newfoundland mighta been slightly worse pricing but seems about the same as here
old phazers are pretty much all 1500 bucks too
thats what i paid for mine 4 or so years ago so that makes me feel a little better about that
yeah i dont know why but sleds have always been overpriced in these parts and they arent even maintained as good as in most places
best deals and best kept machines i see on kijiji are usually in new brunswick...they usually have higher miles tho but seem well kept

seems like paying that much for a phazer with some miles and no warranty could be scary

$4 - 5500 ish here in Manitoba.
Just bought an 07 and was watching the adds (kijiji) for months before I bought one.

In Canada if you want a good deal just wait until March.

I picked up my 07 with 1700mi for $4900. But only had a week to ride it of course :drink:

oldphazer said:
just saw another phazer come on kijiji
10 800 kms 07 for 4900
its gonna be a long time before i ever own one....

Look for a leftover 2009 or 2010 from a dealer and you still get warranty. Earlier in the season there were some good deals on the go.

For example, the dealer here was selling '08 VL's for $8000 that was 1200 less than my '08 three years ago - (I saw one as low as $7295)

BombaPolaYama said:
oldphazer said:
10 800 kms 07 for 4900

Look for a leftover 2009 or 2010 from a dealer and you still get warranty. Earlier in the season there were some good deals on the go.

For example, the dealer here was selling '08 VL's for $8000 that was 1200 less than my '08 three years ago - (I saw one as low as $7295)

thats not bad
if i didnt just get a new car and didnt get a baby in september that would be close to doable
which sucks cuz i just started my old phazer and it seems to have a bit of loud motor
drove it a little see if i could hear or feel anything it drove fine as usually so i stopped and was revvin it up to 2 grand or so listning and it died and wouldnt start so i walked away assuming its done for...

oldphazer said:
10 800 kms 07 for 4900

Ya that is a terrible price.

Look at Kijiji Saskatchewan and see what you find to compare prices. You should pay that with HALF the milage.

oldphazer said:
BombaPolaYama said:
oldphazer said:
10 800 kms 07 for 4900

thats not bad
if i didnt just get a new car and didnt get a baby in september that would be close to doable
which sucks cuz i just started my old phazer and it seems to have a bit of loud motor
drove it a little see if i could hear or feel anything it drove fine as usually so i stopped and was revvin it up to 2 grand or so listning and it died and wouldnt start so i walked away assuming its done for...

Yeah well new car, new baby, snowmobile has to be used. Congrats on the baby! Hope the Phazer is not seriously ill.

According to my insurance agent, my 07 PML has a book value of $4700.
I bought it in december with 1200km in excellent condition with a new battery, yamaha cover and a new spare belt for less than that.

Back