• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Expert X the final bad a$% shocks

The nearly final recipe....

2 - Fox Position Sensitive Shocks.
2 - PSS tuning kits
2 - 5/8" shafts w/ rebound adjust
2 - Fox clicker rezi's
2 - 2.25"ID 4" length 250lb Eibach Springs
2 - 2.25"ID 6" length 450lb Eibach Springs
Misc valve discs, seals, etc.... pics soon.

Here are some pics of the parts.

foxshocks006.jpg

This shows the bypass holes in the damper.
Purple is the top out section.
Yellow is the soft zone.
Green begins the firm up.
Red is the firm zone.
foxshocks007bypass.JPG

These dampers with the progressive spring pack should smoosh through the small stuff and eat up the big hits too....

For sure give us feed back. I now have a second Expert, so I have a skid to play with.

Then shocks sure look perty.

Re: AD Boivin Expert X shocks

Jeff\ADBoivin said:
The biggest problem snowmobilers have with the Expert X is that they don't run enough pre-load in the main spring. Instead, they have too much sag when they sit on the seat, which reduces the distance between the main spring and the helper spring in the swing arm.

I know this is an older thread, but after reading again, I had to respond.

Its funny to me that the "experts" at AD Boivin are still blaming their customers for the main shortcoming of an otherwise excellent rear suspension.

The problem with the Expert-X is the stock shocks are POS!! I bought my first Expert-X in 2002...the first call I made after riding it was to inquire about shock options. The answer I got was that none of their test riders were having any problems with the stock shocks. WTH???

What an incredible missed opportunity for AD Boivin. EVERY other suspension manufacturer offers a shock upgrade as an "upsell" option.

Unfortunitely, the egos at AD Boivin dont understand customer service.

They also wont be getting any more of my business.

rant over
modsledr

Re: AD Boivin Expert X shocks

I agree, the shocks are crap. I was talking with adboivin recently and asked them about the gforce. The explanation I got was that they had not been tested with the Expert X and they do not recommend them.
Since the suspension was sagging so much just from me getting on it, I asked about a stiffer spring and they do have them. So I ordered a set and installed them. Now, just getting on the sled in the garage, I can tell they will be waayy better.

The stock springs are 185/460. The stiffer spring is 340. I kept the stock springs and am having my shocks revalved.

Vanamburg use to have dual rate Ti. spring kits but I'm not sure if they still do.

EXPERT

aja636 said:
Any of you guys have any Expert Xs you want to sell?? Looking to get my hands on a 121 for my attak.

Thanks

aj My brother has one from his doo We are in NJ call him at work (Andy) 845-258-4041 ask for andy

Back