• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra Fuel tanks on a XTX..NO ROOM!!

Getting closer. Used stock header, changed pipe angle and rewelded to glasspack then added a tip (120$). Rewired tail light under tunnel. Skidoo gas can (took it off a buddys blown up Rev..so free so far, otherwise 90$)

Attachments

• IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 144

Nice job, I was wanting to get a Skidoo gas can also but it's not worth the amount you have to pay for them to me.

Here's my MTX. With a different can you may be able to make it fit. Mine's 5L/1.25Gal . Funny thing is, I haven't needed it yet.....I just carry it around from gas stop to gas stop without needing to dump it in.

I have a Rev gas can too that I am thinking about installing. Can those metal thingies where the straps hook onto be purchased separately?

I am hoping to just buy an exhaust turnout and mount the tank on the extension.

AKDAVO

AKdavo

How does the glass pack sound? Looks good, I just put a 153 on my Fx and want to go with a under tunnel set up. I have a MBRP right now and like it, how do you think they would compare?

I have a glass pack now, had a MBRP for the last 2 seasons, with that said they sound very similar opened up but the MBRP is louder at start up and idle(well mine anyway, I have a baffle in mine). Everyone tells me it sounds awesome, but I might go back to the MBRP if I can get it to fit under tunnel...

Do you have a turnout or under tunnel exhaust.

Crewchief47 said:
Here's my MTX. With a different can you may be able to make it fit. Mine's 5L/1.25Gal . Funny thing is, I haven't needed it yet.....I just carry it around from gas stop to gas stop without needing to dump it in.

No turnout. 5L can. 2" x 1/8" aluminum strapping, bent with a vice, wood and hammer. L-brackets from hardware store. I had to replace the can this year, it sprung a leak last season but I never figured out where, it was very slow. I will EVENTUALLY put a mat under the can but it's low on the list.

Here's mine, it's kinda low-tech but works well for how often I need to pack fuel.
Just a U shaped pice made out of 1" square aluminum tubing. It's nice and light, I use the black rubber bungy cords to hold the can in place.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 141
No problems with the can melting?

I'm building one now, just wondering should I put it back further or to the side.
I have a turnout.

also how did you mount your light to the back of the tunnel like that?

hearnoevil said:
No problems with the can melting?

I'm building one now, just wondering should I put it back further or to the side.
I have a turnout.

also how did you mount your light to the back of the tunnel like that?

No melting issues, the can sits farther to the left then what it appears in the pics, also the exhaust turn-out helps a lot.

For the tail light I mostly modified the stock componets to fit. Including sanding an angle on the backside of the light so that it would fit a little tighter against the back of the tunnel. Then cut the black cover to match up to the same angle. To mount the black cover I made a couple of 90 degree brackets out of aluminum and rivited the cover on.
The wiring is routed through the end of the tunnel, then inside 3/8" plastic pipe up to the point where stock black plastic wiring cover ends on top of the tunnel.
I"m pretty happy with the way it all turned out. It was one of those mods that ended taking way more time to do, then I though it would though LOL!

moab11 said:
Mtnviper, do you have any pics with the gas can attached? and how big is the gas can?

The can is 2 3/4 US gallons.
I dug through my camera and found this pic. Not a great pic of the gas can mount, however a can take a couple more a little closer up if want some better views.

Edit: yes I wear a helmet when I ride ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0960.JPG
    IMG_0960.JPG
    723.1 KB · Views: 147
Did you make the rear bumper?
would like mine to tie into further foward for strength

Mtnviper said:
Here's mine, it's kinda low-tech but works well for how often I need to pack fuel.
Just a U shaped pice made out of 1" square aluminum tubing. It's nice and light, I use the black rubber bungy cords to hold the can in place.

Attachments

• nytrotunnellrb.jpg
    nytrotunnellrb.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 153

Back