• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extroverts on 09 Nytro RTX

Madmatt

I am long tracking my RTX and putting on 9 tooth extroverts in the process so i can run the track looser and try to get more life out of my HYFAX without dealing with racheting. My question to anyone who has done this is: did you have any clearance issues with the extroverts and the rails? If so, how did you solve the problem.....by trimming a bit off the tips of the extroverts in a laithe or by shortening the rail tips (which I really don't want to get into). Anyone with first had knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Madmatt

I put 9 tooth Wahl 2.86 Pitch Extros on my 09 XTX. I had to trim about 1/4" off the ends of my rails and then about another 1/4" off of the plastic rail caps. It's not that big of a deal to shorten the rails if it's necc. I can't comment for sure if yours will need it or not.

Thanks guys

I'm using Wahl drivers....anyone else with experience on a RTX? Sounds like maybe there is no problem on the RTX but the XTX requires some trimming.

Madmatt

Madmatt said:
I am long tracking my RTX and putting on 9 tooth extroverts in the process so i can run the track looser and try to get more life out of my HYFAX without dealing with racheting. My question to anyone who has done this is: did you have any clearance issues with the extroverts and the rails? If so, how did you solve the problem.....by trimming a bit off the tips of the extroverts in a laithe or by shortening the rail tips (which I really don't want to get into). Anyone with first had knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Madmatt
What total length are you going? Im super curious about doing the same thing. I was thinking going 144 with a 1.5" and possibly the 1.75" back country track. Id also opt for the extrovert drivers.
Where can u buy extro vert drivers, and what pitch/tooth should i go with?

Got my extroverts right from yamaha. I put the 1.75 on and love it. The rail caps should be trimmed back or they will make a lot of noise while they wear off on there own.

Back