• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

F150 Transmission?

actionjack

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.inspectorjack.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SideWinder LTX-LE
Howdy,

2018 F150 2.7 Ecoboost. 169k miles. Only towed 2 place sled trailer a few times in all. Daily driver to work and family vacation vehicle. Wrench of despair pops up and truck is no go. Dealer finally texted me yesterday to say no problem we can replace tranny for $8800. Any experience with this? Alternatives? Seems only dealers can do the reprogramming.

Howdy,

2018 F150 2.7 Ecoboost. 169k miles. Only towed 2 place sled trailer a few times in all. Daily driver to work and family vacation vehicle. Wrench of despair pops up and truck is no go. Dealer finally texted me yesterday to say no problem we can replace tranny for $8800. Any experience with this? Alternatives? Seems only dealers can do the reprogramming.
Oops. think this should have been in the lounge. Can a mod move it?

Was there anything happening from the tranny leading up to the wrench light and no go,

Truck shuddered on hard accel. Immediately before wrench truck made hard low gear upshift on slow speed exit of parking lot. I has asked dealer in past about shudder with no resolution

Does your truck have the 10R80 tranny, the 10 speed

10 speed tranny? Current class action lawsuit against Ford for this trans with was introduced in 2017.

Neighbour rented a cube van for a month so that he could get to the end of his lease and limp in with a bad trans to trade in.

Did you buy this truck new from dealer, have you been dealing with this bit of tranny shudder for a while now.

Not tuned. Bought from dealer new. Requested service for shudder multiple times. Service only ar dealers except for tires. Only mostly noticeable if you really sent it. Awkward low speed upshift occasionally but chronic. Spoke with warranty claims even though out of warranty I think they are going to do something. Otherwise we shall see. They'll have a week to get er done while I'm out west getting stuck in the mountains.

Yes, if problem was brought up and noted while under warranty and dealer did not resolve the problem its on them, there is a lawsuit with Ford with the 10R80 10 speed, also a recall on the 21s 10 speed Tranny also, your tranny may fall under one of these to get it covered, there has been a lot of issues with the 10 speed tranny, most Ford trannies will last 150-200,000 miles under heavy duty hauling and off roading, but light to med duty far exceed that milage, $8800 for replacement on your dime is outrages,$3500 is around the norm, they probably gave you that heightened number and ask you to pay 50% which will cover all their cost, good luck

chasing a vibration/shudder on my 2019 f150 xlt 4x4 extended cab 8' box with 5.0l right now. have 63000 km on it and i did buy extended warenty because of this. since 58000 km it has had rear drive shaft replaced, rear end replaced, left front wheel bearing and a transfer case solenoid/vacum valve as it was howling like i had 35" x 12" wide super swampers on it on stock street tires in 2wd.

chasing a vibration/shudder on my 2019 f150 xlt 4x4 extended cab 8' box with 5.0l right now. have 63000 km on it and i did buy extended warenty because of this. since 58000 km it has had rear drive shaft replaced, rear end replaced, left front wheel bearing and a transfer case solenoid/vacum valve as it was howling like i had 35" x 12" wide super swampers on it on stock street tires in 2wd.
That's crazy, 63000 kms is nothing and you should not have had one issue, not a fan of the 10 speed tranny, half the reason I moved away from Ford, was a Ford faithful, running Chevy Duramax now, other than normal maintenance and wear and tear, has been a great working truck for me, 194000kms

I was under the understanding the 10 speed was designed by Ford and Chev, and also shared for years aside from software.
I know many people that have these with no issues.