• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

F150 Transmission?

chasing a vibration/shudder on my 2019 f150 xlt 4x4 extended cab 8' box with 5.0l right now. have 63000 km on it and i did buy extended warenty because of this. since 58000 km it has had rear drive shaft replaced, rear end replaced, left front wheel bearing and a transfer case solenoid/vacum valve as it was howling like i had 35" x 12" wide super swampers on it on stock street tires in 2wd.
Funny I work with a Realtor regularly who bought his F150 after seeing mine. When I texted him about my Wrench he let me know he start noticing similar symptoms so he had already traded it in on a Navigator.

as long as it is under warenty, i will keep it as the replacement cost is over $20000 more +++ than i paid for it now. they did tell me though that the trannys are only designed for one driver and it has to learn you. gf driving mine atm as chasing a louder howl in her pathfinder.

This tranny was built as a collaboration between GM and Ford. I have it in my 2021 Sierra with the 3.0L Duramax (10L90) and it's been flawless, even while towing our 7000# RV trailer. Haven't heard of lawsuits or problems regarding it so it seems only Ford's variant is having the problems.

Not surprising really since even their CEO says Ford is struggling with quality: